In desperate need of help

ladymecca

I am having a serious hair loss issue. I have been through a lot of termoil in the past few years (herniated disk, depression, death of family members, chronic fatigue syndrom, and gastrointestinal disorders)I'm all messed up and it has caused me to lose hair and go bald at the base of my neck where your hair line ends behind your ear. Its only on one side and its about the size of a quarter. When it first started I use to have a huge knot that would form on my head so bad that I thought I had a tumor or something, but its only the stress causing my muscle to knot up, but shortly after, my hair just started coming out. Whenever I go to a stylist, the first comment I always get is 'girl what has you so worried cause your hair is gone back here?'. I just wanted to know what I can do to make my hair grow back. I know I have to heal the issues, but its going to take some time, but I don't want to end up bald.

Any suggestions?

ladymecca,

Welcome to the board. I am sending you light and praying for you so that you can heal your issues. The ladies here are a wonderful resource for information as well as support on your hair journey. Castor oil and vitamin E oil are common reommendations to stimulate hair growth. The ladies also recommend adding some peppermint or rosemary oil as stimulants. You can do a search to find previous threads on these topics.

Good luck, and God bless...

Hmmm this is a stress issue and not a pratice/technique that has your hair falling out. I would start addressing this issue with a standard physical.. just to see if everything is balanced with you medically.

If there is nothing alarming internally, theni would suggest some de-stressing activity... doing things that make you feel good.. staying in all day watching a movie, enjoying a book while in a bubble bath.. simple things that you like. Trty to calm yourself first...

Then if vits are something you would consider, I would suggest looking up the tons of info of what vits are for what by doing a search. Lunalight suggested some pretty good oils that may get you started.

I hope things start to look "up" for you.. not only for your hair but for your overall health. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Thank you, I appreciate what the two of you have given me.

God bless
smile.gif

Also consider a stress tablet. You can purchase them at any drugstore. A good b-complex vitamin will help with stress too.

Welcome, yes, stress will do a number on your hair...it may also be any medication you are on. Do you relax? Something may be interacting with the chemicals in the relaxer. You got some great advice so far. Try incorporating one new change at a time. Once you find somehthing that works..stick with it. I feel in this situation less is best. You may need to give you hair a rest...no tight ponytails, plenty of moisture...take a break from anything that is drying to your hair and stressful emotionally. Take care of your self...and your hair will follow suit.

Most conditions such as depression and chronic fatigue syndrome (arguably interrelated by the way) can be directly traced to poor nutrition and the need for exercise, though w/ a herniated disk I'm not sure if that's a possibility.

But you can do something about the nutrition. It's simple, but hard to do sometimes - but all you really have to do is lay off the sugar and try getting lots of green vegetables into your mealtimes.

For instance breakfast could be an omelette w/ spinach and bell peppers - really nutritious and cheap (the things that are good for you tend to cost the least)
Lunch can be something w/ a nice salad
Dinner could be fish and greens.

Back