I'MA BELIEVER!!!

MaryJane3000

OMG, my hair has never felt this soft and conditioned IN MY LIFE. I mixed Shaikai powder with Amla and Vatika oil and water and olive oil and let it sit in my hair for about 3 hours (I shampooed my hair before that). Upon rinsing it out it felt really oily at first and it was clumping together, my hairs very fine, so then i grabbed my aloe vera cholestoral conditioner and worked that thru and rinsed and the bottom part of my hair was just as soft as it wanted to be. The top part still felt a bit oily so then i put some more aloe vera cholestoral conditioner on it and slapped some VS So Sexy conditioner on as well. I put a shower cap on and shaved my legs and when i got back to it and rinsed again it still felt clumpy n not soft and smooth like the bottom portion. So then I grabbed my cantu shea butter shampoo n put it on the top part n rinsed, it then felt a little hard n tangled, which got me worried. So then I put on my Redken real control intense renewel conditioner and let that sit for about 8 mins and once i rinsed it out my top half felt WONDERFUL. I had some new growth and thats all smoothed out. Im telling u this is the best my hair has ever felt in life. It's shiny, smooth, it feels stronger while wet , its detangled, n my dry scalp and problem area at my crown feel better too. Everyone should try this, next time I hope ill figure out why my top part was acting that way, i think i put too much oil there perhaps, but I recommend this for EVERYONE! :grin:

Im under the dryer now I'll post em when i get out. I guess i should have waited till i finished my roller set b4 i made a comment..my b! I'm still a newbie so cut me some slack :)

Yes the ayurvedic powders are awesome for the hair! :D
What I do with the powders is mix them with a lot of conditioner as well as butters, oils, and aloe vera gel.
I don't use shampoo anymore. I just mix aritha powder, aussie moist, avocado oil, and avocado butter and cleanse my hair with that!
Henna & Indigo is also verrrry awesome! They both thicken my hair to no end :) I do a hendigo/2 step every month or so.
Also, the ayurvedic regime has helped me to stretch my relaxers. I'm week 14 right now and it doesn't even feel like it!

OMG, my hair has never felt this soft and conditioned IN MY LIFE. I mixed Shaikai powder with Amla and Vatika oil and water and olive oil and let it sit in my hair for about 3 hours (I shampooed my hair before that). Upon rinsing it out it felt really oily at first and it was clumping together, my hairs very fine, so then i grabbed my aloe vera cholestoral conditioner and worked that thru and rinsed and the bottom part of my hair was just as soft as it wanted to be. The top part still felt a bit oily so then i put some more aloe vera cholestoral conditioner on it and slapped some VS So Sexy conditioner on as well. I put a shower cap on and shaved my legs and when i got back to it and rinsed again it still felt clumpy n not soft and smooth like the bottom portion. So then I grabbed my cantu shea butter shampoo n put it on the top part n rinsed, it then felt a little hard n tangled, which got me worried. So then I put on my Redken real control intense renewel conditioner and let that sit for about 8 mins and once i rinsed it out my top half felt WONDERFUL. I had some new growth and thats all smoothed out. Im telling u this is the best my hair has ever felt in life. It's shiny, smooth, it feels stronger while wet , its detangled, n my dry scalp and problem area at my crown feel better too. Everyone should try this, next time I hope ill figure out why my top part was acting that way, i think i put too much oil there perhaps, but I recommend this for EVERYONE! :grin:

Congratulations on your Ayurvedic experience.:grin: One question did you concentrate the powder mixture on the root then spread it to the end? If so the ends may not have been as coated that's why they felt better. One word of caution Shikakai is very drying & stripping to the hair (if used improperly). It's more for cleansing & adding strength. I wouldn't shampoo before using it, because this is your shampoo. If it's conditioning & strength you want, you want to try adding Brahmi or Bhringraj to your Amla. Also because Shikakai is for cleansing it shouldn't sit on the hair longer than 20mins. I personally cant take more than 10 mins. even when mixed with cond. Maybe this is why you had to cond. so much afterwards.

Yessss girl! I tried an alma treatment (powder, conditioner, oil)...my hair actually felt thicker. I CANNOT wait to henna!!

Back