I'm trying to avoid heat, but...

PittiPat

I\'m trying to avoid heat, but...

If I had to use heat for quick styling during my two-week trip to hot South America, which one do you feel would be less harmful to my 4a/relaxed hair?

Ceramic Flat Iron
Caruso Rollers
Electric Curler

Re: I\'m trying to avoid heat, but...

I don't know anything about using any of the things you mentioned but I just wanted to add that if I were going to South America for two weeks (that is a long time) I would have my hair in braids or something that I would not have to touch my hair at all for 2 weeks. It's not only hot but I'm assuming you will also be in and out of beach/pool water. I would think it would be WAYY too hot and I would be doing too much running to want to worry about styling my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
I don't know anything about using any of the things you mentioned but I just wanted to add that if I were going to South America for two weeks (that is a long time) I would have my hair in braids or something that I would not have to touch my hair at all for 2 weeks. It's not only hot but I'm assuming you will also be in and out of beach/pool water. I would think it would be WAYY too hot and I would be doing too much running to want to worry about styling my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!

Thanks for the advice, Ladies. I just came out of braids after wearing them for two years, and want to wear my hair out for my wedding, which will take place in South America. So, for these two weeks only, I'll have to mess with my hair some.

Congrats Pittipat!!!!
clap.gif
What a beautiful wedding locale!!! Very Best Wishes!!!

Hmm... if that's the case then I would go w/a ceramic flat iron b/c it will help fight humidity and keep your curl/style.

And CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Pittipat
wave.gif

Congratulations!

You know how hot and sticky it is at home, so whatever you do, just style your hair off your face and you'll be good to go.

Congrats! If the braids are a no no why don't you try a very creative bun that way it's up and out of the way you can even get a phony pony after the wedding is over of course to wear that way you don't have to worry about curling or flat ironing.

Thanks, Ladies, for the great advice. That phoney pony sounds great, ChoclatePrincess, but unfortunately I have very thin hair at my temples and must wear my hair down most of the time to cover them *big sigh*. Anyhow, I'm taking everything that you all have said into consideration and come up with something. Thanks again!

Congratulations on your nuptuals!
clap.gif

I would suggest the Caruso rollers since those are the least damaging. How are you planning on wearing your hair for the big day? Straight, curly, etc?

Congratulations! I would take the Caruso rollers. They add moisture to your hair. The other things just dry your hair out.

Back