Im TRANSITIONING....FINALLY FREEDOM

luv04

well im so happy to be LHCF...im 19 years old a soph. in college...and im through wit relaxing...i have been relaxed since 8th grade...and i have decided to stop with the "creamy crack"..both my mom and younger sister are natural...my mom transitioned throughout the course of last year and this year...my lil sister has been natural all her life she is 14 years old...my last chemical fire cream was on sept 23 of this year ...so far im going into my third week of no chemical fire cream..i think that my transition will last till april or may of next year...ive decided that i will gradually cut the relaxed ends until i obtain my desired length...mt mom did this process her hair is jus below her shoulder....she had waist length relaxed hair..so im hoping that this goes smoothly...i miss my natural hair...or wut i remember about it...wit my relaxed hair although in good condition ,,,is prone to breakage, dryness and shedding..
my hair is in good condition overall, but i hate the "flat hair" after a fresh perm...and i miss the thickness of when im strecthing my chemical fire cream out...also the cost involved with a touch up and im in college so im very penny pinching wit my money...so when im natural i hope to not to as dependent on hair dressers at salons who show up late or dont give quality service,despite ur commitement to showing up on time and being courteous to half bit service that costs an arm and a leg.. i have an album...i need to update though b/c since then ive had a hair cut from my hair reaching brastrap to now jus below my shoulders and it now being very even and cleaned up..wit long bangs...my texture is thick even after being "professionally relaxed"...im anticipating the my new growth...im so excited to see what these months have in store for me...i take vitamins(hair and health) and drink plenty of water...along with fruits and vegetables..Wish me luck ladies i will be sure to keep you all posted wit my updates and im going to create a transition album..so stay posted for that...God Bless and Happy Healthy Hair growing Ladies....:)~Luv04...oh yeah i have cornrows in now as of tuesday....:):)....im on my way;-)

You'll find plenty of other ladies (myself included) here transitioning as well that have great advice. Good luck to you! :)

That's AWESOME!!! :cool: Congrats to you and to all the other transitioners out there!!! :clap: Like I have, I'm sure you will fall in love w. your natural hair!!! :D:D:D

Congrats!!! I'm transitioning too. It's been 3 months since my last touch up. Today I cut off the no-lye relaxer ends.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Last edited:
THANKYOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH LADIES....!!!I CANT WAIT TO HAVE MY NATURAL HAIR...GOD BLESS U ALL AND HAPPY HAIR GROWING TO YOU ALL!!!:)

Oh happy day! I remember the freedom I felt when I decided to grow out my relaxer. It's a feeling you can't describe.....

Your hair is so pretty! Tell me how your curls are turning doing the baggie/roller method. What are you using on your ends....I've never heard of this method before.....do tell!

Anywho, welcome, and enjoy your time transin'!!!!!

Thank you all sooooo much im in cornrows right now.......they go straight bak ...im gettin used to the length...it hits the top of my shoulder...but it will be worth it in the end...

Back