I'm tired of maniplulating my hair.

Mercie

Ughh.. Idk what to do with my hair anymore.

I've been doing satin rollers and bantu knots.
I think it's bad though since, I have to comb the hair and I'm always getting tangles because of the new growth.

My hair isn't long enough to put into a ponytail or bun.
Well it is .. but it's a VERRY small one and the hairs tend to slip out so, I can't go to school like that.

PLEASE HELP!
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do with my hair?

Hi there :)

Have you tried braids? They help you get over the akward phase and help you grow it out. Also with the winter coming up (if you live up north), your hair will be protected.

My hair is not cut into a style.. I'm just letting it grow. I have really ugly ends that need to be cut off.

I am really thinking about getting braids but, I also really want to trim my hair.
Someone told me that I need to get another relaxer to straighten out the new growth before getting a trim though.. so I'm clueless on what to do first.

My hair is not cut into a style.. I'm just letting it grow. I have really ugly ends that need to be cut off.

I am really thinking about getting braids but, I also really want to trim my hair.
Someone told me that I need to get another relaxer to straighten out the new growth before getting a trim though.. so I'm clueless on what to do first.

Somebody told you wrong.

I would STRONGLY advise you not to do that.

How about a wig?

I have some Phony-Buns Color 1B. They really helped me Tremendously. It's totally low/no manipulation. Here's what I did: (And my Hair is very short too):look:

Co-Washed, DC'd and Gelled Straight Back w/Leave-In and Serum (attached Phony-Bun)and let my Hair "REST" This particular one had small combs and I used gentle Bobbie Pins to secure it.

If you want, I can send you one? PM Me. (No Charge). Brand New Never Worn.

Being the PJ that I am, I was on a Phony-Bun Splurge (so I have extra's):rolleyes:

Lemme Know. Okay?:yep:

Don't get discouraged. Phony-Bunning helped me endure a 16 week stretch and still look "Cute":lachen:

I would suggest yarn braids/twist ! they are really easy to do and very cheap! (Hey i have NEVER done hair in my life and I have done them on myself quite easily!)

If you decide to do them, use acrylic yarn NOT COTTON(it dries your hair out)

You can wash/cowash as much as you like and, IMO, the older they get the better they look :yep:

Thanks guys.
I really appreciate the offer I Dare T Hair. You are so kind.

I just don't feel comftorable wearing wigs
At my high school they would tease me. >_<

@Demi-
Oh really?
If thats case then I guess I'll just trim and then get braids for 2 months.
Then hopefully my hair will be long enough for a decent pony.

Thanks guys.
I really appreciate the offer I Dare T Hair. You are so kind.

I just don't feel comftorable wearing wigs
At my high school they would tease me. >_<

It's a Small Braided "Bun" It looks very, very natural, (not Wiggy at all) but Trust Me, I understand.:yep:

I was trying to think of something that was functional, practical and would help you totally cut down on Manipulating your Hair while Conditioning and Treating it.:yep:

So.....If you Change Your Mind...................:look:

Somebody told you wrong.

I would STRONGLY advise you not to do that.

How about a wig?

Actually, it makes sense to relax and then trim if you're trying to keep your hair even or in some sort of style.

But just to braid, you shouldn't relax first. If your ends aren't damaged you can just cut them off when you get out of braids.

I think my ends are damgaged though.
When I didn't know better I was using a curling iron every 3 or so days without protection.
Can I still get the braids and trim afterwards though?

@Dare- do you have a pic of yourself wearing the buns by any chance?

Back