I'm tired...HELP!...(RANT)

Wishin4BSL

It's too hard to get my hair in a bun right now because it puffs up so much! I usually just tie it down at night with mango butter and it gets flat, but lately my hair is like "Who are you tryina control? Not me!" So now I don't even bother to try anymore. I still do my same old method, but it's more like ritual now. My hair is getting sooo thick, not just because of my new growth, but because my last two relaxers were complete failures! One was because I tried a kiddie perm (bad advice from my friend who I now discovered has like 2c hair!) and then I tried it myself with Mizani no-lye and it was underprocessed. So now I have about 12 weeks of underprocessed hair and I'm still trying to do a relaxer stretch! I want my hair straight!!! I have fine hair, but for some reason, it's pretty strong because it's holding up under all of this stress and growth. There is little to no breakage and I play in my hair all the time when I'm at home (majority of the time since all of my friends have jobs and I don't). I can even comb through the new growth, the underprocessed growth and the straight hair (I DON'T DO THIS OFTEN!!!!!) with little breakage too. I don't know what's going on! Maybe there's breakage and I don't see it? Or maybe Mizani Nighttime Treatment is doing the job? Who knows? My point is, I just can't stand it anymore!!!! I may not make my relaxer stretch! I need some encouragement!!!

You have a few options, some are just braid it up and leave it alone, keeping it moisturized and clean, or you could just go have a corrective relaxer done so you won't have to worry about the underprocessed hair and began your stretch from there. HTH's

BeautifulWideEyes said:
You have a few options, some are just braid it up and leave it alone, keeping it moisturized and clean, or you could just go have a corrective relaxer done so you won't have to worry about the underprocessed hair and began your stretch from there. HTH's

I totally agree! :yep:

Thanks for the advice. Well, a corrective relaxer is out of the question because those last two relaxers I was challenging myself to a relaxer stretch an still didn't make it past my usual 6 weeks. This time, I'm gonna make it no matter what! (I think...:ohwell: ) I think I'll opt for braids. How much do you think I can practice on myself before it's too much stress on my relaxed hair? I wanna do it myself, or at least learn to do a braid out.

Back