I'm thinking about getting fake box braids, Just permed for the first time in 2 years

lipyt

So I want to get my hair braided in an African salon. I just permed my hair Nov 4th for the first time in 2 1/2 years. You think that is safe? I want to keep the braids in for 3 months

Re: I'm thinking about getting fake box braids, Just permed for the first time in 2 y

So I want to get my hair braided in an African salon. I just permed my hair Nov 4th for the first time in 2 1/2 years. You think that is safe? I want to keep the braids in for 3 months

You may want to give you hair more time so you can have more new growth for the braids to hold onto. permed hair is weaker hair, so you don't want your weaker hair being pulled at the roots, it may cause breakage.

Re: I'm thinking about getting fake box braids, Just permed for the first time in 2 y

I usually try to wait at least a month after a relaxer before I braid becasue of what MtAiryHoney said.

You may want to give you hair more time so you can have more new growth for the braids to hold onto. permed hair is weaker hair, so you don't want your weaker hair being pulled at the roots, it may cause breakage.
Good Idea. thanks!

Back