I'm tempted to get a texturizer/relaxer...

seraphim712

I've been natural for three years now. Taking care of it isn't hard, but my only pet peeve is when my hair curls to the point where it is difficult to detangle no matter how much I try. I'm thinking about either getting a relaxer, but I might just get a texturizer just to loosen my curls up a little. I don't know what to do at the moment, I like the fact that I'm natural, but at the same time it's hard to manage from time to time.

If I were to do this, what product do you ladies suggest?

I’m in the same boat.

My tangles and knots are insane, my hair grows in knots.

I REALLY and TRULY don’t want too, but I think I may tex as well…or I’ll probably leave it in for 9 secs and wash it out. I’d really don’t want to but unless I fnd a natural way that’s the only option for me. I dont want straight hair, I jut want to loosen my 4z curls.

I pull out more hair in it’s natural sate than I would if it were texed

I’m in the same boat.

I REALLY and TRULY don’t want too, but I think I may tex as well…or I’ll probably leave it in for 9 secs and wash it out. I’d really don’t want to but unless I fnd a natural way that’s the only option for me. I dont want straight hair, I jut want to loosen my 4z curls.

I'm not exactly sure how my hair grows, but I know when I have newgrowth, my hands can't even run through it. I'm glad that it's growing in thick but I really wish there was a better way to detangle without worrying about accidentally ripping my hair out.

I’m in the same boat.

no knots, but detangling isn't cute. I'm currently braiding my hair up most of the time, so that I can rest. I even wash in them. I want to really think about it before I go that extra step, because once you go crack, you can't go back! Get it? Ha! Okay, er, uh...anyways, not without a b.c at least. That's why I gave myself six months to decide for sure. And I agree I really truly don't want to.

I'm bumping for you too to see other responses.

I've been natural for three years now. Taking care of it isn't hard, but my only pet peeve is when my hair curls to the point where it is difficult to detangle no matter how much I try. I'm thinking about either getting a relaxer, but I might just get a texturizer just to loosen my curls up a little. I don't know what to do at the moment, I like the fact that I'm natural, but at the same time it's hard to manage from time to time.

If I were to do this, what product do you ladies suggest?

I'm texlaxed and use Revlon Realistic Regular Lye. I've been using it for years with no problem. I process for 12 minutes total (application and smoothing just one time). I now touchup 4 times a year.

I was natural for 20 years, so I understand and wish you success with your decision.

I texlax with Mizani No-Lye for Sensitive Scalp for my 4a/b hairtype. I apply and smooth my edges only for 10 minutes total. I do this about 4 times a year too. :yep: It's the best thing I ever did for my natural hair. I really wish I knew about Texlaxing prior to joining this board. But I first heard about it on LHCF.

My hair still tangles at times especially when I stretch past 12 weeks. But generally it's way less hassle for me.

For instance:

1. My wash time is down to 15 minutes
2. My blow dry time is down to 10 mintues (wow, used to be more than an hour) - But I airdry often, that wasn't an option for me when I was natural.
3. My styling time is down to about 20 minutes (used to be more than an hour to straighten)

I'm still transitioning. It was a year at the beginning of November, but my question is was it always difficult to detangle. When I first joined the board, I was in a thread were people would put off detangling as long as possible. I try to co-wash at least 3 times a week and put it up in a bun. I'm wondering, what are you using to detangle with? I've found that with my natural hair, I HAVE to put conditioner on it and then seal it with some coconut oil to get it soft. I also spritz it with water daily. It's getting hard now because it takes forever for it to dry (it never does in the middle were the ponytail is) and it is so cold most mornings. Anyway, what are you using to detangle with?

I love my natural hair. And I hate chemicals. I was tired of my haor forming major major knots that have seemed to be stunting my hair growth because i do cut them or rip them out. I decided to start flat ironing my hair more often. BUT BUT BUT when I blew out my hair using PINKSKATES tension method I was SOLD.

My hair is that kinky straight where I can ponyltail/bun but my hair isn't that long to make that look cute. Thats usually just a gym style. I can place dry twist in it, flat twist, or what I usually do is pin it up in different styles. I have a greeat ceramic ionic tourmaline blow dryer so blow drying part was quick 15 max. The part that took a while maybe 15 to 20 minutes was working in all my heat protectants and leave in conditioner than carefully combing it through and pulling it through with my hands.

I wrote this on my voyager forgive the mistakes.

Back