I'm taking my kinky's out today - advice

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
I\'m taking my kinky\'s out today - advice

When would be the best time to wash my hair? Tonight or tomorrow maybe?

I'm going to do nexxus emergencee and the regular deep conditioning etc.

So when's the best time?

Thanks in advance.

xx

Re: I\'m taking my kinky\'s out today - advice

i usually apply some braid serum to ease the removal process, then section and detangle hair with some EVVO and better braids unbraids spray, comb through with a wide tooth comb, then do 6 or more loose braids in the hair, to prevent matting, then I wash with shampoo over the braids one at a time on the same day I take them out. afterwards loose out the braids indivually apply my reconstuctor or conditioners. i know if i didn't wash on the same day i pull my braids out i'd suffer some serious tangling and matting by the next day, good luck whatever you decide.

Thank you! I've finished, I used better braids 'unbraid' it's excellent! My hair is so soft and smooth, not ONE tangle! Just feels way greasy now!

I'll wash it this evening.

Thanks for replying.

x

I glad you got great results, don't worry about the greasy feel, just use a clarifying shampoo and you'll be fine.

Char

How was your hair when you removed the twists? Was there a lot of regrowth? How was the texture of your hair and what are you goign to do next?

Hi again!

I have about another 1/2 inch I think, but my hair has seriously shrunk, I'm sure it wasn't so short prior to the twists?! I'm washing it tonight, so will see how it behaves during the week.

The texture is quite coarse, not sure if it's cos it's dry though, it's quite curly and wavy too, the back is almost completely natural, so I think it grows faster!

Anywho, I plan on getting either braids or kinky twists next weekend.

x

Back