I'm so upset

felicia

I\'m so upset

it's been a month since I've had a relaxer and I have no new growth
huh.gif
I usually see new growth 2 weeks into my relaxer. I have no idea what's going on. This is my regmine: wash w/sauve daily clarifying, the CON, condition w/keraphix, then condition w/suave hummectant, nexxus humectress, and olive oil, next I use a little humectress, silk w/creme groom and olive oil as leave in, wrap my hair, cover it w/satin cap and let dry. I do this weekly and use WGO 1per wk. anyone have any idea why I'm not getting any growth? Please help!!!! at this rate my hair is never going to grow to my desired lenght
cry3.gif

Re: I\'m so upset

What have you been consuming in the past 1-2 months vitamin wise? Also were you experiencing any shedding here-to-fore?

[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl said:
What have you been consuming in the past 1-2 months vitamin wise? Also were you experiencing any shedding here-to-fore?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been taking any vitamins b/c they make me break out. Also I haven't been shedding. So I don't know what's going on
whyme.gif

[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
Maybe your hair is resting up for a growth spurt.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was gonna say the same thing.
Your hair may be in a resting stage. Then woop before you realize you may gain an inch or two!

[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
Maybe your hair is resting up for a growth spurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so!!! How long does this waiting period normally last?

Is it possible that you've just been conditioning so well that the new growth coming in is so moisturized that it doesn't feel the way you're used to?

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Is it possible that you've just been conditioning so well that the new growth coming in is so moisturized that it doesn't feel the way you're used to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hairlove has a good point. Maybe it's just really soft and you can't feel it. Honestly, it takes me about 4 wks to see newgrowth also.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

[/ QUOTE ]
That's some food for thought1

There's another thread about not noticing new growth right away and there are some good theories there...I'll bump it if I can find it...

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point. I was thinking the same.

Don't feel bad Felicia. I'm sure that the New Growth is there and just un-noticeable. Have you been styling your hair differently lately? Sometimes the way in which you style will make the new growth less noticeable.

are you doing any type of exercise? i think exercise and daily vitamins will aid in your hair growth.
smile.gif

Thanks everyone! I will try to start excercising. I'm just so baffled b/c it's so straight.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point. I was thinking the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

WGO does do a good job of blending in new growth. In addition to the vitamins, you might want to add in a good 5 minute scalp massage every night consistently. I usually sit in a chair, bend down at the waist so my head is hanging between my legs and gently move the scalp (not the hair) with my fingertips. Now that will really encourage a growth spurt.

perfect peace
Rose.gif

Back