Im so sorry, but HELP...Please!!!

chocolatedoll18

Im sorry to ask about this common topic but i did research and still didnt find anything that matched my situation.

My hair is really falling out. i was fine until i wore a quick weave for about three weaks. the glue didnt stick to my hair at all btw because my hair is braided underneath with a paper towel on top of it under a wig cap. after i took it down (which was about a month ago) i noticed alot of hair falling out when i washed it. the next week i got a relaxer and ever since then if i just pull my hair lightly hair falls into my hands. hair is everywhere and i cant get it to stop. i knew i wasnt moisturizing enough because my hair was really dry when it was dry, so i started using elasta qp mango butter and that made my hair really soft and moisturized. i use motions cpr protein treatment after relaxers (every 10 weeks) and after hair styles like sew ins or quick weaves.

i always deep condition when i wash every two weeks and i havent used heat the last two times i washed. i've been doing heatless rollersets and bantu knots. i wasnt sure if i needed more protein but i knew i needed more moisture. nothing is working, i just washed my hair and long thick strands were coming out. its not just a couple strands here and there.

if anyone knows whats going on with me please help me. my hair was finally growing and now im losing alot of length with this breakage.

It sounds like you may need a protein treatment, although I think that you said that you've already done this? When I experienced breakage I used Aphogee 2 step followed by deep moisture conditioning and it stopped the breakage, I'm no expert/guru so maybe some seasoned folks will chime in

Sounds like shedding. Try tea rinses or many ladies rave about Alter Ego Impact Garlic Treatment (something like that) it is a DC, can be found in most BSS. Try low-mani styles, and pay close attention to your diet and overall health. But give the garlic treatment a try. We lose about 100 hairs a day, but if you think its more than that, it can be health related.

I believe you should have waited more than a week after taking the quick weave to relax your hair . You should have tried to stop the breakage first b/c the relaxer is going to make it worse. Try either use a tea rinse or a heavier protein dc following a moisturizing dc like cmbodley and Golden75 mentioned.

You were already shedding and decided to get a relaxer anyway? That wasn't a smooth move at all. I think a heavy protein treatment is definately in order. Dont' let this small setback deter you from your hair journey HHJ

Always make sure your hair is in good condition before relaxing. Relaxing a week after noticing hair fall out in clumps can exacerbate the problem :(

Breakage is usually smaller strands of hair snapping off. You could be shedding. Are you seeing a little white bulb on each strand? Take Golden's advice about the garlic. It stops shedding in it's tracks, does wonders :)

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you! A moisturizing deep condtioner might help. Even though the problem is breakage, it could be due to dryness.

i relaxed after because i thought it was regular shedding after having my hair braided for a while. i use the pantene mask as a dc. so when it's past time for a relaxer if im having breakage/shedding i should just wait to get one?

Yup, you should wait. Better safe than sorry :)

I was having shedding/breakage problems too before I relaxed yesterday. I did a protein treatment 1.5 weeks before, and then I cowashed with Aphogee 2-min on Weds and I was good :)

I too use the Pantene R & N Breakage Defense Mask and had noticed an increase in the amount of shed hairs. I take hair supplements, biotin, and an amino acid complex and assumed that was plenty of protein; I was wrong. So, last weekend (because I only wash my hair once a week) I used Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor and their Deep Conditioner followed up with the Pantene R & N moisturizing conditioner and my shedding has slowed down to just a few a day which according to the ladies on the forum is normal.

Back