I'm scared to death of self- dusting...

Wildkat08

BUT... now I'm also scared to death to going to a stylist for a 2inch "trim"

I think I understand search and destroys, but I'm not totally sure, plus this seems like it would eventually lead to uneven hair. I REALLY wanna learn how to dust, but all the Youtube tutorials I could find were not very helpful (ppl didnt seem as knowledgable as ladies here).

So, if ur a duster/self-trimmer and feel like u are at the top of ur game PLEASE give me some tips and lead me to a good tutorial if u know of one.

Thanks ladies!!!

Girl, if you can two-strand twist, I say put your hair in twists and then put the twists up and then taking one down at a time, snip the tips feeling for about the same amount with your finger in all of them before snipping it of. Use a mirror if you can't trust your fingers. That's how I do it. But I'm natural, so there might be easier ways for relaxed heads to do it. I've never bothered to check how others do it coz I'm happy with my way.

Thanks so much ladies!

Nonie: I'm natural too, so this could be helpful to me.
Poka: U are my texture twin (striving to be ur length twin) and i.heart.ur.hair! So I will always try anything u say!! lol

Keep 'em coming ladies...

Co-sign with nonie. That's how i dust... i just have to buy some real trimming scissor though. I was paranoid as hell about it until i did it this way

BUT... now I'm also scared to death to going to a stylist for a 2inch "trim"

I think I understand search and destroys, but I'm not totally sure, plus this seems like it would eventually lead to uneven hair. I REALLY wanna learn how to dust, but all the Youtube tutorials I could find were not very helpful (ppl didnt seem as knowledgable as ladies here).

So, if ur a duster/self-trimmer and feel like u are at the top of ur game PLEASE give me some tips and lead me to a good tutorial if u know of one.

Thanks ladies!!!

Great question! I'm afraid of all of these things too and seeing as though I am just below shoulder length it's harder for me to use the same methods as someone who is APL , BSL and so on. I think that's why I am seriously considering purchasing the Splitender. Still I hope that someone comes up with an answer that even SL women can use though. :yep:

Co-sign with nonie. That's how i dust... i just have to buy some real trimming scissor though. I was paranoid as hell about it until i did it this way

Really good to hear that u overcame ur fear of trimming by trying Nonie's method. I think I'm going to try it when it comes time for a trim. It will be my first self-trim:blush:

Co-signing with Nonie n Poc. I just got finished. I still have relaxed end that I am trying to get off. I just snip and go I am more afraid of the
stylist!

Back