I'm really liking this new artist...spinoff...

JuJuBoo

Child of THE King!
I'm calling this a spinoff because it reminded me of the "Should Christians Listen to Hip Hop" thread.

Well there's this new artist....Antonio Neal....he's the newest artist signed to EMI Gospel. I downloaded two of his songs from iTunes after previewing "Days of My Life" on EMI's website. www.emigospel.com He's different and I'm LOVIN it. Yall, he's R&B but his lyrics are straight GOSPEL/CHRISTIAN. AHHHHHHHHHH! What a breath of FRESH AIR!

I'm REALLY hoping Antonio's album is as R&B sounding as the single "Days of My Life," because it's ABOUT TIME we get an R&B artist in the Gospel industry. We have all this "pseudo" R&B/Gospel which is cool, but we need someone that SPEAKS THE LANGUAGE OF OUR GENERATION AND talks about CHRIST!! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely ADORE Kiki, but she's still GOSPEL...and so is JMoss....and so is Detrick...and Ty....and everybody else that tries to appeal to the R&B/Hip Hop generation. Plus, I don't always want to hear GOSPEL. I have this craving for R&B, but I don't want to satify the craving with the junk that's currently in the mainstream marketplace. :(

"Days of My Life" is his first single. It's so good-it just makes you wanna riiiiide..enjoy the sunshine...give the nod...play doubledutch..:lol: The second is "The Only One." That song's hard to catagorize...I guess you could call it a worship song. Whatever it is, it's a HIT and WILL lead you into worship! .......Ladies, I had TEARS streaming down my face the first time listening. Yes, I was BOO HOO'IN over here!! :lachen: That song is amazing. It's on repeat as I type. DOWNLOAD IT. :yep:

Anyway, simply said, I'm really looking forward to Antonio's debut....it comes out in June so I guess I'm gonna have to wait to hear the rest of the album. :ohwell: If the rest of his album is as good as these singles, I'm out to get it the day it drops.

we're always talking about music, I just wanted to give you ladies a heads up....

not to mention, he's GOODLOOKIN! :lachen: You know I had to throw that in there. heheheheh :lol:

EMI wasn't working for me, but I did hear a little on itunes. He does have the vibe I like, but I have to hear more. I've been wanting more "non churchy" gospel/praise music.

Back