I'm Ready To Bc But....

Whimsy

I'm scared...
I'm in Florida now and don't have a salon with a stylist I trust....
Any recommendations in south florida?

Considering just snipping off the permed ends myself if I can't find someone in the next few weeks....

Last perm was 5/10/14 so I am a year into my transition...I can't take it anymore.

I want to BC too, but I don't feel like being bald right now. I'm also a year in. You don't have a friend or family member in Florida who can help? Your DH even? I wouldn't do it alone, unless you aren't concerned with accidentally snipping off some natural hair.

Hey Whimsy! :wave:

I bc'd recently, the second time I've big chopped myself. (Once I got it done at a barber.) This last go round, I wasn't as radical with chopping as I should have been, so it ended up being kind of a 'rolling chop'. :look: I cut off the obvious stuff initially, but some of the permed hair actually did/ does curl up. I think it's curl sympathy with the rest of the strand. :lol: I really couldn't tell what was what. So, since that big initial chop, I've been finding randomly straight hairs and gleefully hacking them away. I intend to shape it sometime soon, so I'm being conservative with my scissor for now.

Wait, you're in Florida?
Did you move permanently?
If so, I missed the memo....

I agree with the previous post about slathering on conditioner and chopping off the straight hairs. If you feel thats too risky, can you get it braided for now?

I BCed on my own twice before... I kinda want to get it cut and shaped tho.... which is why I wanted a pro this time @discodumpling but I agree it's one of the best feelings!

DH is scared to mess my hair up so I can't ask him but now that I think about it, maybe I can ask my cousin. @Theresamonet

LOL @ sympathy w/ the strands haha @Honey Bee hey boo, how ARE you?!?!?

@keyawarren yep moved in December and closed on our place in Feb - for good - or at least for good for now :)

LOL thanks for reading @Honey Bee

LOL @ sympathy w/ the strands haha hey boo, how ARE you?!?!?
Better question, how are you? Consider this: the last time I saw you, you ain't have no kids! :eek: :lachen:And how's your bestie, aka my birthday twin? You know I didn't forget.

So... since posting to this thread, I've decided to shape my own hair. :look: If I mess it up, I'll get SO's barber to fix me up. He be having hot towels with essential oils and stuff. :look:

Back