I'm on cloud 9!!!!

LuLu

I\'m on cloud 9!!!!

So, my hair got a huge treat yesterday. I had my first lye relaxer, it was Mizani lye. I neutralized then I shampooed and conditioned with Deep Brillance, and wow....I've found my staple!!!

After relaxing with the no lye my hair was straight, but it felt "rough" almost like the cuticle was open or rough if that makes sense, and it had no body...but with the lye I'm very pleased. The part I relaxed is very silky, and doesn't look as dry.

I do have one question though, is there a sensitive scalp lye perm...cause it didn't take me long to start cooking, I didn't burn or anything but I'm not used to getting that "hot " feeling. I made sure to not manipulate my hair for 3 days prior, I think my scalp is just sensitive.

Anyways, I posted some pics in my album, it's curled under so you can't see all the length but it is coming along
smile.gif
( link in sig)

No lye people if you are thinking of making the switch I recommend it
smile.gif

Re: I\'m on cloud 9!!!!

There are a few sensitive scalp perms such as Deep Brilliance (which I use), Mizani (I've used before, its a good perm) and (Affirm) ditto.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Your hair looks good!

(weren't you transitioning?)

[/ QUOTE ]

blush.gif

Yes, I fell off the wagon before I ever really got on, I experienced too much breakage.

And thanks guys
wave.gif

blaxalrose
I have tried the mizani sensitive scalp, but I thought it was no lye???...I would like to find a lye sensitive scalp.....

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbie said:
That's a LOT of growth in a short time!! What's your growth rate?

[/ QUOTE ]
In the beginning I started taking all those vitamins(Biotin, MSM and stuff) and I was getting about 1 1/2 inches a month, but I started getting headaches and stop taking everything about a month and a half ago, so normally I get about an inch a month.

I'm curious about mizani sensitive scalp, I'm pretty sure it's no lye....right?
look.gif

Or if I think the lye is too rough, should I start using mild?

Back