I'm odd, I know,but I know I am not the only odd one

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

I\'m odd, I know,but I know I am not the only odd one

I find it relaxing to browse the aisles of beauty supply stores. I go down each aisle, looking at products , their ingredients and I occassionally take a whiff from them and just walk out. I know the employees hate to see me come in. They are like, ' here comes that girl again.' /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Re: I\'m odd, I know,but I know I am not the only odd one

Girl,

At least your just browsing, I go in there with my product ingredient dictionary and camp-out /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
I also go down each aisle, reading labels. The folks are so uptight where I shop, so I have to sneak /images/graemlins/sekret.gif a whiff undercover!

I do this too, my BSS owner knows me by name and I know him. I walk in there and I say "What's up Alex!..did you re-order that surge like I asked you too?" /images/graemlins/rofl.gif I go to the mall just to browse the aisle in the BSS.

Jennifer I am like you all three of my Bss owners knows me by name and tells me every time the store gets new products.
When I go to the mall I separate from my friends and head to Trade Secrets.

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Snap...you know that's a hair crack move right?
I do that ish too. And I'll boldly sniff products in front of security.
Yeah, I said it.

I feel you Bublin...going down the hair products aisle reminds me of that feeling I had when I was eight and my mom took me to Toys R Us. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I especially love looking at the different hair products and wondering what they do, checking out the ingredients then coming home and googling them to see if they're any good. Oh the PJ in me is outta control! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I said it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl please ! Not only do I sniff in front of security but I make them get their behinds up on the ladder to me get me stuff to sniff/look up. "Where you going? I'm not done yet sir."

All the time! The BSS owner knows me by the first name and while my friends are looking at clothes stores, i keep eyeing trade secrets

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I said it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl please ! Not only do I sniff in front of security but I make them get their behinds up on the ladder to me get me stuff to sniff/look up. "Where you going? I'm not done yet sir."

[/ QUOTE ]

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I do this at every store. I was at Target earlier and they had a 2/$5 sale on Aussie products, but I didn't buy anything

[ QUOTE ]
Bublnbrnsuga said:
I find it relaxing to browse the aisles of beauty supply stores. I go down each aisle, looking at products , their ingredients and I occassionally take a whiff from them and just walk out. I know the employees hate to see me come in. They are like, ' here comes that girl again.' /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

AAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I thought i was only me that did that!

No, I do this too and the bss owner also knows me by first name. And he asks me about products and what's hot. All the workers there know me... /images/graemlins/blush.gif. One day a customer came in looking for some particular hair product, and I chimed in and told her the exact location in the store. The owner looked at me like /images/graemlins/shocked.gif and then he thanked me. lol

I do this too. People who know me well, know that a trip to the BSS is never just a " Quick In And Out Trip." Whenever I go back home, the people at Sally's always recognize me /images/graemlins/blush.gif . Well ... ok ... and the owner at one other BSS knows me too /images/graemlins/blush.gif. Then there's the one that my mothers goes to (I used to go to that one too when I was younger). The owner always asks, " Where yoo daughta (chinese accent)." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I do this all the time, in every store...grocery store, Sally's, Target, K mart, Wal-Mart...ALL OF THEM! It has become habit cause ya'll know sometimes you can catch a good sale if you look lol!

Great thread!

I do this in EVERY store too. It's like the beauty section is just calling me. No only do I sniff, I have been known to try some! We were in Kroger one time and I was really wanting to try Let's Jam! so I smelled it and stuck my finger in there and slick some on my edges, my husband flipped! He said, "Girl, whatchoo doin'? You gotta buy that now, are you crazy?" LOLOLOLOL
I've been doing that for years!

One time a man was confused on what to use on his little 2 year olds hair. I told him all about petroleum, mineral oil etc., etc, wide tooth BONE combs...I think he was more confused when I left than anything. Atleast I put the products in his hands before I left though.

~op~

These posts are too funny and too familiar at the same time./images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

I think I have a f*tish for hair products/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I just LOVE going to a BSS even if its just to look and see what new products they have, and one trip usually takes two hours, if not three depending on how many products the store has. At one of my fave BSS they give me a discount because they know I will always patronize their store and buy my favorite products in bulks. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Going to big beauty supply shops are heaven for me but browsing wouldn't do. In fact I can't window shop. I have to buy if I go since I don't go often.

i used to do this a lot..... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I try products in my hair also!! Sometimes I feel guilty looking and trying stuff and not always buying it. They should have testers available!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes I too have BSS euphoria. Nothing like browsing a store, sniffing, reading labels and wandering right back out. There's so many beauty supplies here though they don't usually recognize me but I know which stores carry which products (including Walmarts because different ones carry different stuff in my area) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

"U R Not alone, I am here with U" Howd you know that I do that? The little Korean/Asian lady just looks, and looks and looks some more, but I dont care!! I'm always stalking the BS products, I even do it at the local Dollar Store,and Kroger when I'm supposed to be food shopping.
Ah well...it soothes my hairy soul!

[ QUOTE ]
onepraying said:
Great thread!

I do this in EVERY store too. It's like the beauty section is just calling me. No only do I sniff, I have been known to try some! We were in Kroger one time and I was really wanting to try Let's Jam! so I smelled it and stuck my finger in there and slick some on my edges, my husband flipped! He said, "Girl, whatchoo doin'? You gotta buy that now, are you crazy?" LOLOLOLOL
I've been doing that for years!
~op~

[/ QUOTE ]

I got in trouble doing that once! I didn't wanna buy it if it didn't absorb into my hair properly so i had to test it out!
The security caught me and made me buy it. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

/images/graemlins/look.gif Me too. I do it knowing full well I don't even want the stuff (prefer salon products), but it's compulsive. I do it @ Walgreen's, CVS, Rite Aid, Costco, etc., any place w/products or accessories. I only buy lashes @ the regular BSS, but goodness, it takes me over an hour to get "in and out" /images/graemlins/nono.gif. I also go on Sunday's when the traffic is lighter so I can really linger and see what's on the market. But I find myself giving recommendations (someone always asks /images/graemlins/look.gif) based on posts that I read here about other products /images/graemlins/laugh.gif (and lie like I have a sister or something that told me!).

"My Sally's" knows me too well. I even took the Mister up there and yes that woman gave him a whole speech about me. Now mind u I always know what I am looking for and don't need help, so all interactions occur while I'm paying! But now he knows just how much I'm really there /images/graemlins/sekret.gif. And my Dominican BSS owner thinks I own a salon /images/graemlins/nono.gif (yeah, she dropped that question while the Mister was w/me too /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif ). And let's not talk about the pure excitement I feel in BeautyFirst (Trade Secret was my old fix, but BFirst is larger /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) as I fondle a bottle from each product line /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. /images/graemlins/nuts.gif

I'm like a lot of other people, I browse at every store. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I just can't help myself.

Girl, I'm not mad at you. I actually find it annoying when they ask if they can help me, after I've been there a while. I'm thinking back up off me. A brotha rolled in and I started help him. I need to own stock in some BSS's.

[ QUOTE ]
MelsWifey said:
Girl,

At least your just browsing, I go in there with my product ingredient dictionary and camp-out /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! But I had to stop doing that at the Asian BSS stores. The ladies at Sallys dont mind because they know I'm a Cosmetology student. They know I'm just trying to be educated. Everyone else thinks Im crazy! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Back