I'm new!

greAtness333

I\'m new!

Finally! I was having some trouble with logging in before but now I'm here and get to chat with all of you. This board has given me so much advice on how to take care of my hair. I just cut my hair above my ears and tapered in the back- to start over after having a tragic hair year 2003 . So far so good. Now the front of my hair is about down to my nose and the sides are about down to my ear lobe. My hair type is 4b, very thick and if not properly taken care of- kinky. I weekly wash with a moisturizing shampoo, condition www.JaneCarterSolution.com, cholesterol, ORS hair mayonnaise and JCS leave-in. I also use JCS nourish&shine and hair serum- this leaves my new growth very soft and managable. I also use ORS Olive Oil, WGO (on weekends after washes) and Doo Gro for thinning edges and temples. I just started taking GNC UltraMega Woman and Biotin. I just got a touch-up and trim (every 6 wks.) so for my next wash I plan to start pre-treating with homemade EVOO, Honey and eggs. The only time I apply heat to my hair is if my stylist does (1-3 times/6 wks.). I let my hair air-dry in two-strand twists that come out looking like straw set curls. I'm hoping that I can extend my relaxers to 8 wks. but my hair is so thick already. What does everyone else think?

Hair Goal: Shoulder length by September, healthy hair
2nd: Bra strap 2005

Re: I\'m new!

Welcome to LHCF!

I grew my hair out from a short cut successfully and I have thick hair also. At the time I received touch-ups every 6 weeks now I extend them to 8 weeks.

Your regimen sounds pretty good, although I'm not sure about the eggs in the pre-treatment. Anywho, welcome to the board!

Welcome! Welcome!
clap.gif
I think your regime sounds good so far. I was able to extend the life of my relaxers by doing more frequent conditioner washes. I hope this helps. Good luck and happy hair growing!

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to see the improvement my hair makes over time. PBEyes, thanks for the advice I feel like I have someone to relate to now. How long was your hair when you started waiting 8 weeks? I noticed that as my hair grows it's like it becomes more manageable*. About the eggs, I've read some other people have used it, I think it makes your hair stronger. I'll be washing it out anyway so how bad could it be, right? I'll let you know how it works out when I wash my hair this weekend.

Back