I'm new and want to THANK you guys!

stiletto

I\'m new and want to THANK you guys!

Hello all! I'm new to posting but not new to this board...I've been lurking for quite a while now. Can I just tell you all that this board has saved my life and my sanity.
For years I had very healthy hair that grew with no problem. When I moved to another state and into a new apartment, however, my hair took a gradual turn for the worse. I tried every conditioning/strengthening treatment known to man, and went to several dermatologists to no avail. My hair was dry, hard, brittle and breaking. It retained NO length. My hair is relaxed, but it looked like I didn't even have a relaxer. The texture had completely changed. After years of bewilderment and losing all hope, I finally decided to do my own research.
The threads about hard water really stuck out, because I always noticed that my water was a little strange. It leaves a white film on my hands and feet after a shower, and it leaves VERY hard deposits in my tub. Lo and behold, I bought some distilled water and used that strictly, along with LOTS of conditioning. It has taken some months, but my hair is FINALLY coming back around. Thanks to you ladies! My self esteem was shot, and I feel like a new person now! God Bless you ladies and your site!
P.S. I am now officially OUT of lurk mode and will continue to post.
drunk.gif
smile.gif

Re: I\'m new and want to THANK you guys!

Welcome Stiletto (by the way I love that name being a die hard lover of fashion).

Yes, this board is a true hair life saver. Its bad that professional help like dermatologists couldn't think to suggest your water...

[ QUOTE ]
brownrelaxedhair said:
Welcome Stiletto (by the way I love that name being a die hard lover of fashion).

Yes, this board is a true hair life saver. Its bad that professional help like dermatologists couldn't think to suggest your water...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Glad to have you, stiletto
wave.gif

Welcome, and BRH...your hair is looking good girl!!
trampoline.gif

thanx girl! it seems we have something in common, as i am also a fashion FANATIC and am from Queens
laugh.gif

But no one ever suggested my water, i'm pissed too because i actually spent money on other junk they suggested that obviously didn't work. i swear their goal is to keep you coming back.

Welcome! I'm glad you found out the problem and your hair is recovering.

[ QUOTE ]
stiletto said:
thanx girl! it seems we have something in common, as i am also a fashion FANATIC and am from Queens
laugh.gif

But no one ever suggested my water, i'm pissed too because i actually spent money on other junk they suggested that obviously didn't work. i swear their goal is to keep you coming back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that does make me wonder re. repeating your visits.

Hey, good thing is you now know and can spread the word to anyone else having problems.

Fashion is DEF. my other no correction my MAIN weakness
laugh.gif
(but that's for another discussion board
wink.gif
)

I'm so glad that you figured out the problem
smile.gif
Your screen name is really cute. Welcome
wave.gif

Hi everyone....can anyone suggest any a good shower filter product?

btw supergirl I like your new picture!!

Back