Im new and need lots of HELP!!!

Shree

HI, I am a new member and wish to grow long hair...I need some tips....
How often do I was me relaxed (permed) hair and what products?
what about hair spays, gels?
What type of
lick.gif
shocked.gif
confused.gif
<font color="orange"> </font> grease moisturizers, and oils do you recommened?
How do I know if I have 4b or 2a or 3c type hair( everyone seems to know what that is)
my hair is neck length and M y mom makes me roll it in rollers every night....I hate it any tips on how to get a style to last one week after rolling it only once?
can anyone help?
God BlEsS
confused.gif
<font color="orange"> </font>

most pp. seem to wait 8-12 weeks for a relaxer, but some go as long as 16. The 2 fave relaxers for your hair type are Mizani (lye) and Affirm (lye). Most people skip the hair spray and the gel
naughty.gif
but if you can find an alcohol free gel that is okay.
For waves try braiding your hair in cornrows at night (after shampoo and conditioning) and taking it out in the morning.
Most members do not use grease on their hair, except the ends to protect them from splits. Lots of people like coconut oil (pure unrefined) as a moisturizer and many use olive oil (from the grocery store, the stuff you cook with) as hot oil treatments.
I will try and find a regimen thread and bump it for you to give you more ideas.

hi i'm kind of new too i have been on this board for about 2 wks, so i can't really give you any advice. but i do know that on the homepage it can direct to you to the section that explains the hair types. i hope your hair grows hon cuz i'm working on the same. i want a big afro!!
grin.gif
try to do small goals. join the summer challenge to grow you hair out. i'm gonna try to do this 3months at a time. so good luck and welcome

Thanks...I looked there yesterday and found out that I ha 4a/b relaxed(no-lye) hair....bye the way whats the difference between no lye and lye?

Thanks...I looked there yesterday and found out that I ha 4a/b relaxed(no-lye) hair....
confused.gif
by the way whats the difference between no lye and lye?
bath2.gif

Back