I'm jumping on the Crown & Glory Bandwagon!!

MissFallon

Im so happy. It had seemed that my growth rate had slowed so I decided to put a weave in my hair (only 2 tracks) I haven't really done anything to my hair since I put it in last Tuesday (July 25th) and today when I went to moisturize my braids I realized that I had about 3/4" of new growth already in the last 10 days. Now I'm ready to braid it all up and see how much growth I could get per month. I had planned on keeping them in for 3 weeks but at the rate my hair is growing I will probably take them out this Tuesday (after 2 weeks). I'm so happy....now I'm off to search for tips on the C&G method!:D

Congrats Ms Fallon!! Glad to see you're happy with keeping your hair braided up...I know I am:grin: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'll be seeing you soon :)

ok did it.

I just washed my hair....lol now I feel silly that I was scared to wash it with the weave hair in. My hair came out absolutely gorgeous!

nikkipoo said:
Good for you! I am personally doing this method until Dec. (I started May 10th) to see how much my hair grows. So far so good;)

Thats great! Have you had much growth from doing this?

*ElleB said:
re u getting singles or cornrows?

I was thinking about re-doing the weave and instead of 2 doubled tracks doing 4 single tracks. I also was thinking about doing cornrows since I'm home with my own hair. I know when I go to Texas I am getting my lacefront applied so I will most likely have cornrows from September 1st-December 29th.

I am, too!! I hope to get my hair braided on either Monday or Tuesday. Part of the reason I'm doing it is because school starts again and I won't have tons of time to do my hair. I've been wearing my hair in two-strand twists for several months. Before that I had braids, but I took horrible care of my hair while it was in braids and it didn't grow that much. I hope to achieve hair health and growth this time around.

By the way, my hair has been natural for several years, but I because I never took care of it, it didn't grow to its maximum potential and it was weak, too. And I bought into the lie of not washing my braids so I would only wash them once or twice for the 2and half months I would wear them. Yeah, I know... I'm ashamed to even write that!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I am so glad that I found LHCF and the crown and glory website, too!!!

Back