I'm in the club! The I HAD A HAIR NIGHTMARE club

Whimsy

Oh my gosh:perplexed
I woke up in a panic this morning.
I self-permed my hair in my dream.
It seemed like such a good idea, then when I was done and my natural curls were all stretched out into waves I looked in the mirror like...wtf did I do?
I turned to my mom and she was like 'Oh Well, wait 2 more years for it to grow out'
I contemplated just cutting my hair real short....then I started to cry and woke up....:lachen:

Had any hair nightmares lately?

Yes.
I've being reading way to much about BKT, my sister is getting it done so I'm researching it extra much so I dreamt that I had it done.

I was so sad, a belly ache and was almost in tears when I woke up!

I have nothing against it....:perplexed.... but I have promised myself no more chemicals so it was a true nightmare!

I used to have the hair dreams more often last year. They're not as frequent now. I always had the stylist snuck the relaxer in my conditioner dream ahahaha!!! I know, so pathetic

Last night I had a dream that I was supposed to do a rollerset on some woman's hair, but I got to her late and she got upset at me and grabbed scissors and cut all of her hair off. I was very upset at her. She told me that my hair practices were horrible LMAO I need to log off now and get a life

LOL, I have too. I'm transitioning and this is the longest I've gone without a relaxer. One night I had a dream that I'd ended up gettin a relaxer...u ever had one of those dreams where it felt real, well this was one of them. I woke up with my heart pounding and I was touchin my hair...lol, that's when I realized it was a dream.

I've been dyin to tell this story, thanks for starting this thread...LMAO!

Last edited:
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I think I've had a hair nightmare but can't remember right now.

One thing I remember is - the 1st time I did a henna application (henna, water and some amla powder) about a yeara and a half ago, I left it in my hair for 3 hours. Jumped into the shower to start rinsing, just after the water hit my hair, something HEAVY slammed onto the bathtub floor! OMG, my heart leapt! I thought my hair had fallen off as a whole because of how hard the henna had made it. I looked down, heart beating rapidly, and..... IT WAS ONLY MY WIDE TOOTH COMB! :lachen:

That wasn't a sleeping nightmare, that was a very much awake nightmare.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I think I've had a hair nightmare but can't remember right now.

One thing I remember is - the 1st time I did a henna application (henna, water and some amla powder) about a yeara and a half ago, I left it in my hair for 3 hours. Jumped into the shower to start rinsing, just after the water hit my hair, something HEAVY slammed onto the bathtub floor! OMG, my heart leapt! I thought my hair had fallen off as a whole because of how hard the henna had made it. I looked down, heart beating rapidly, and..... IT WAS ONLY MY WIDE TOOTH COMB! :lachen:

That wasn't a sleeping nightmare, that was a very much awake nightmare.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Something very similar happened to me last week when I did my first henna. My BF came in the bathroom to find me dissolved in giggles

I always used to have the relaxer dream but I don't anymore. Really, I haven't had a hair dream in such a long time. I think my subconscious is say that I think about hair so much during the day that we don't need to bother with it at night.

Co signing, I have also had the relaxer was in my conditioner dream- lol. I remember waking up in a panic, terrified that my hair was relaxed. :lachen::ohwell:

Geez, just shows how much we have hair on the brain, even subconciously.

I used to have the hair dreams more often last year. They're not as frequent now. I always had the stylist snuck the relaxer in my conditioner dream ahahaha!!! I know, so pathetic

Last night I had a dream that I was supposed to do a rollerset on some woman's hair, but I got to her late and she got upset at me and grabbed scissors and cut all of her hair off. I was very upset at her. She told me that my hair practices were horrible LMAO I need to log off now and get a life

LMAO- the story of my life......:lachen:

I just started my hair journey in February and have never had hair past NL. Im hiding my hair right now, and I keep having this recurring dream where when I finally do a length check the front of my hair is APL, but the back is still NL :crying3:

Glad it was just a dream!

I was living a hair nightmare with my transitioning. I only had a few inches of relaxer, but I chopped it off last night and had a barber shape it up today, so I'm starting from scratch. Which is kind of fun :yep:

I had nightmare that all my hair fell out around the edges because I slept with a baking soda treatment overnight. Made me want to cry and I had to wake up and check my hair to make sure it was still there.

I felt so bad thinking I had to start all over.

I had my first relaxer nightmare recently. I had also self relaxed, and I was so upset. This is the longest I've gone without a relaxer (transitioning) and I was so upset that I had lost all that hard work.

I love to play in my NG...I had a dream last night that I was playing in my NG. I moved my fingers down the length of my hair and guess what happened.....a clump of ends about 3 1/2 inches long came out...I began to run my fingers from root to NG all over my head and more and more clumps of ends were breaking off. I woke up this morning in a panic the first thing I did was touch my head to make sure my scarf and bonnet were still there then I started checking my pillow for hair...
Are my relaxed ends messing with my head to make me go back to the creamy crack sooner than my end date goal for my stretch?????

Back