I'm Hair-Challenged! Dealing with hair for 1st time on OWN...HELP!

Hey there....welcome!

When I read the above posts, I get really happy because I can see that not only are you receptive to the tips you are being given, but these wonderful ladies are giving you SO MUCH advice...but I wanna warn you -- don't try too much too soon!!! Becoming a product junkie is something MANY members go through, myself included! I've now been a member here about two years, and I still have stuff clogging my shelves that hasn't been used up in that time period. I know the desire to try products, especially ones that have pages and pages of raves about them, is great....but your wallet will suffer if you try to jump on every bandwagon you see. If the Kenra MC works for you (and as it was a staple of mine for the longest, I fully expect it to) stick with it. The same goes for products you are still looking for -- proceed with caution!!!

I can't wait to read your updates in a few months when you get your hair on track. I am more than confident that you will soon be advising the next class of newbies on the dos and don'ts of healthy hair care =) HHG!

Aww, thank you! You guys don't even know! lol. I feel as if I have learned so much and grown so much as far as my confidence in my ability to care for my own hair, in just this month alone! It hasn't even been a full month, but I definitely feel as if I am learning. In Jan and Feb I was on my own hair-wise for the first time ever, but I just scrambled and fumbled and did not know what was what. Now at least I feel as if I have half a foot in the door, lol. This March has flown! But I definitely feel as if it's been longer than a month!

I do so agree with you on the hair care products, though! I've spent probably 120ish this month alone, but I know I am definitely not going to upkeep that amount. There's no way! I just wanted to get my basic stuff, as far as shampoos/conditioners, combs, rollers, heat cap, etc. goes, and I have all of that now. :grin: Plus I am discovering just how equally awesome some cheaper products can be (Suave Hemuctant!) and how easy it is more expensive products can be overvalued (*coughhairmilkcough*). But yeah, I think I'm going to settle into the brands I have now for a while and see how that works. I am going to soon need some more Pantene Pro V Split End leave in cream, though. I definitely am loving that stuff. Luckily it's not pricey. :yep:

Back