I'm Going to the Salon

MrsHdrLe

Hi All! I have an appointment to get my hair done Thursday for a trip. I know she's going to blow dry and flat iron. I was thinking about doing a protien treatment with Nexus Emergencee today to make sure my hair is strong for the treatment. Do you advise this? What should I do to make sure my hair is strong and in prime condition for the heat?
Oh and I'm 4 weeks post texlaxed.
Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
Protein sounds like a good idea. Make sure your hair is throughly detangled before you go to make it easier for her to work with, since you're texlaxed and a few weeks post.

Have you gone to the stylist before or is this a new person?

With all the horror stories we hear about stylists hacking off hair, detangling with rat tooth combs and abusing heat I wouldn't even go unless I trusted the stylist.

Can you wash and and detangle before you go?

A protein treatment sounds like a good idea if you already know how your hair reacts to it. I would not use this time to experiment though.

Also make sure you give your hair a good DC after you're done wearing it straight.

Also ask your stylist NOT to use the highest heat setting if you are concerned about heat. It wont come out as silky, but it is less damaging.

I honestly would not worry about it so much though TBH. You may find out that you are like me. Heat does not damage my hair nearly as much as some of the protective styles I have been doing. HTH

You could do the aphogee 2 minutes treatment (not the 2 step).

You should have done the hard protein last week. That way, these last few days before your appnt, you could have been DCing to counter the hair hardness.

Thanks ladies. I do trust her and she gave me a new cut last month, so my ends should be in good shape still. My hair feels pretty good and she always says that my hair is stong and can take the heat monthly, but not more. I plan to take my Chi heat protection conditioner and I will ask her to use the lowest amount of heat possible. What I'd really like to do is wash and deep condition then air dry Wednesday, so she won't have to blow dry. How's that for a plan?

Back