Im going to the Salon and im scared lol

Anancy

Im going to the Salon and im scared lol Edited with pics.

OMG im sooo nervous right now. First of all i haven't been to the salon in like 2 years. Second im going to my first salon since arriving in a new country - so i don't even know what their service is like.

Normally when i book an appointment with a new salon i always go and scope out the joint prior to the appointment just so that i can see what customers hair look like, and whether the salon looks well kept. I haven't been able to do that this time.

The only reason i booked this appointment at this particular salon was because i saw online that it was a salon that dealt with afro hair and plus i asked a girl in wal-mart where she got her hair done, (unfortunately she said her sister) but then she said her sister works at this particular salon.

I should have asked her what her sister's name was but i didn't want to come across too stalkerish :look:.

They sound quite professional over the phone and they called me today to check that i was still coming - so that's a good sign right?

Anyway im going there to get my hair straightened and trimmed. Let's hope i come out smiling and not crying.

ETA:
Im here to say that i survived my trip to the salon and i came out with great looking hair. I was so pleased, the salon was really nice, my hairdresser was very open and friendly. She cut the back of my hair (which is always longer than the rest), but she asked me before she went ahead. She pretty much did what i asked her to do, she did not take advantage whatsoever.
Im pleased with the results and my hair feels incredibly silky soft.
To top it off i got a 20% discount because of where i work - i wasn't even aware of that.

PICT0001-15-1.jpg
PICT0005-7-1.jpg

PICT0007-4-1.jpg
PICT0006-7-1.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck girl, it'll be okay. Take a few minutes to be really clear about what you want. Just get up and walk out if they want to or try to do anything you don't like. But I think you'll be fine.

I should have asked her what her sister's name was but i didn't want to come across too stalkerish :look:.

I don't think it would have been stalkerish! I'm sure she would have been happy to bring her sister some business!

Good luck to you!

Back