I'm going to cave in ... MegaTek

butterfly_wings

Ok so I haven't seen much growth recently, my hair is healthy and I'm not experiencing too much breakage but it seems to have stopped growing so I'm going to give MegaTek a try, what can I expect from your experiences?

Hey butterfly_wings!

I'm a heavy megatek user, and it has increased my growth..but it REALLY increased my overall thickness.

June 2010:
2eoe2p3.jpg

November 2010:
219ywpi.jpg

Mega tek works sporadically for me. For the first 2 wks the growth is consistent then it tapers off but it does work. However, I was unable to control the shedding, it became overwhelming. I may revisit this product.

I like Megatek - BUT, you have to be about keeping your moisture balance AND keep consistent with your shedding techniques. The first few weeks I saw a tad more shedding than normal. However, once it tapered off, the growth has been gorgeous.

So my tips are: If you plan to use as a conditioner, be sure to follow up with a deep moisture DC right afterwards. Research all the other anti-shedding techniques (black tea rinses, rosemary rinses, garlic condish, sulfur usage, etc.)

Mega-tek is the only thing I can say really increases my hair's growth to it's maximum potential more than any other growth aid. Also, you may want to check for some anti-shedding products and techniques. I take garlic pills and they seem to work just fine.

Ok so I haven't seen much growth recently, my hair is healthy and I'm not experiencing too much breakage but it seems to have stopped growing so I'm going to give MegaTek a try, what can I expect from your experiences?

I started my LHJ in August 2010 and my hair went from SL to grazing BSL in 5 months. I use an OCT/Megatek combo, with 2:1 ratio in applicator bottle. I add a few tablespoons of Jamaican Black Castor Oil, a dash of peppermint oil and voila!

Just make sure you buy some garlic pills. I take 700mgs 2X/day.

Thanks for this post...I just caved in also...bought a bottle Friday at my local farm supply store.

I started my LHJ in August 2010 and my hair went from SL to grazing BSL in 5 months. I use an OCT/Megatek combo, with 2:1 ratio in applicator bottle. I add a few tablespoons of Jamaican Black Castor Oil, a dash of peppermint oil and voila!

Just make sure you buy some garlic pills. I take 700mgs 2X/day.

Do you use it as a leave in? If so, how long between washes?

Back