I'M GOING NATURAL FOR REAL THIS TIME!!

empressaja

I have been trying to go natural since 2000 and have not been successful. This time I am serious. This is going to be so hard since the reason I've been relaxed is because my hair is beautiful relaxed and I have no problems with breakage etc... But I hate the chemicals the hair dryer and all the other inconviences that come with it. I love my natural hair but I have an extreme problem with being patient. I want a full head of natural hair NOW!!!lol I will need support so if ther are any ladies are begining this same journey pm me please.

You will get lots of support here. There are several naturals on the board. I would play around with transitioning styles versus the big chop just to be certain you really want to be natural. I use to do braidouts and roller sets to get me use to not seeing my hair straight. There is also a transitioners support thread here which Bubli started. Good luck.:)

birdie said:
I have been trying to go natural since 2000 and have not been successful. This time I am serious. This is going to be so hard since the reason I've been relaxed is because my hair is beautiful relaxed and I have no problems with breakage etc... But I hate the chemicals the hair dryer and all the other inconviences that come with it. I love my natural hair but I have an extreme problem with being patient. I want a full head of natural hair NOW!!!lol I will need support so if ther are any ladies are begining this same journey pm me please.
Welcome...lets all help eachother :)

I wish you the best of luck. You will find many ladies here who can offer help. I did the b/c last summer, but I transitioned for over a year before I cut. Take your time, learn from the people here and enjoy the journey!

Good luck. There are lots of us transitioners on the board so we're all in this together. Hang tough, birdie!

Back