I'm going crazy :(

Distorted Barbie

These mid-strand TERRORS (splits) are driving me insane...If I keep clipping them, I will be bald. I know they come with the natural territory but is there something that I can do to prevent them? (i.e. protein, less wngs, less puffs, etc)...

I can speak for me and say protective styling helped in terms of minimizing knots and splitting. Buns, twists, updos, styles that don't require much manipulation and could snap or pull the hair. I assume you are DCing, moisturizing, etc as you should; if not that will definitely help.Try those for awhile to find what works for you. Good luck.:bighug:

How do you groom your hair? Do you brush a lot? Also, please forgive me if this doesn't sound right, but how can you see midstrand splits on hair that length (assuming your siggy is your hair right now)?

I'm not a natural but it sounds like brushing would be the likely culprit. Less manipulation would probably help too.

How do you groom your hair? Do you brush a lot? Also, please forgive me if this doesn't sound right, but how can you see midstrand splits on hair that length (assuming your siggy is your hair right now)?

I used to brush into a puff, but I have given that up...Also my siggy is from about 6 months ago, so it has grown out some (Ur questions was INDEED appropriate :yep:)

Thanks for ur replies, ladies. ...I think I have "hands in hair" syndrome.... There probably aren't as many splits as I feel that there are. I may have to get some senegelese twists this summer to leave my hair alone.

Back