I'm getting ready to deep condition my hair.....

Autumn

I\'m getting ready to deep condition my hair.....

and I have a question (or two).

I'm mostly natural (transistining from a texturizer), 4a/b, about 1-2 inch.

Since I'm a recovering (not!
cool.gif
) product junkie, I have tons of, mostly cheap conditioners and stuff.

I have a jar of LeKair with aloe vera (green cream)....a jar of Elasta QP DPR Remoisturizing cream, and some Lustrasilk cholesterol conditioning cream with carrot oil.

...........which one should I use???
think.gif
I was going to use the DPR and add some extra virgin olive oil to it and use it after I shampoo. I was going to leave it in for about an hour, then rinse out. Speaking of adding things into store bought conditioners, I used to have some Organic Root Stimulator Carrot cream. The instructions on the jar said that if you wanted a deep conditioning, to add on egg to the cream and stir. I never tried this because that cream really didn't do much for my fro anyway lol.

Also, I've heard about PRE-treating hair before you wash it. So if I did this, would I still deep condition after I shampoo?

thanx for any advice
rosebud.gif
rosebud.gif

Re: I\'m getting ready to deep condition my hair.....

Forgot to mention some Fantasia IC reconstructor that I have. When I had a relaxer, my hair would be very soft afte using this.

I remember, when the closest thing to deep conditioning my hair was doing a hot oil treatment. I never really saw any great results with that. Just, sticky, oily hair after I rinsed.

Autumn, I am completely natural. I believe my hair is type 4. I precondition my hair by mixing a cheap conditioner such as pantene with olive oil and putting a plastic bag on my hair. When I precondition, my hair gets detangled and it is easier to wash. I am not familiar with the products you have on hand but by mixing any with a bit of olive oil for deep conditioning will be good for your hair.

I use the Fantasia Reconstructor too, I love the smell.
love.gif

Every time I wash my hair I deep condition (regardless of whether I preconditioned)
smile.gif
I'm 100% natural, and my hair loves DPR, especially when mixed with castor oil. Mixing olive oil with it will probably yield similar results. I would definitely recommend the DPR + oil for the deep conditioning.
up.gif

When I pre-condition, I do the same thing sbg does (cheap conditioner plus any oil).

I'm natural and my favorite is the LeKair Choloesterl w/Aloe that you mentioned. That is what I use for deep conditioning, I use it straight out of the tub. I never felt the need to add anything to it because it works great alone, but I may try some of what the others suggested.
grin.gif

Hi ladies! Just reporting back with the results. Well, I bought some LeKair Cholesterol conditioner (peach color) and mixed an egg in it and some olive oil. It was neat cuz it turned fluffy
laugh.gif
so I applied this mixture to my hair with a conditioning cap for about 2 hours. Rinsed and washed and did a moisturizing conditioner with the Elasta QP DRP as the final step. .........

The results weren't very spectacular.
frown.gif
In fact, I could barely get my K-Cutter or an afro pick through it. I applied a small amount of regualr conditioner for some kind of 'slip', to no avail. I sprayed a small section with some Infusium Moisturizing spray...nothing. ............

Then out of pure experimentation, I grabbed some of this Kemi Oil Shea Butter Pomade that I had. IT WORKED LIKE A DREAM! I added about a pinch full (less than half dollar size) amount and rubbed my hands together and that comb ran through my naps like butter!
smile.gif

I guess I'm on the shea bandwagon too lol. My next step will be to try and find some of this online in a more pure form. The Kemi works super, but now I'm hooked.

<3

Back