I'm getting knots under my wig.

locabouthair

I've been wearing my half wig for two weeks.

I do like 6 to 8 conrows and every night spray s curl on it. I wash and DC once a week.

I've been noticing that I get really bad knots in my hair when I'm taking down the braids. I never get knots like this. I know it's not the wig itself that's causing the knots.

What am I doing wrong?

IMO (and as you know I am no expert) you probably need to trim your ends. I have the same problem and it is b/c my ends are shabby so, when my hair sheds it gets tangled up and knots up.

OR you may need to detangle better when you braid your hair up and be very careful when you take your braids out as not to tangle up the ends.

Also, you may want to take your braids out and detangle with your fingers often (like every other day) to get all the shed hair out.

This is just what I do and it has been working.:yep:

HTH

IMO (and as you know I am no expert) you probably need to trim your ends. I have the same problem and it is b/c my ends are shabby so, when my hair sheds it gets tangled up and knots up.

OR you may need to detangle better when you braid your hair up and be very careful when you take your braids out as not to tangle up the ends.

Also, you may want to take your braids out and detangle with your fingers often (like every other day) to get all the shed hair out.

This is just what I do and it has been working.:yep:

HTH

Thanks for responding. I havent trimmed in a while. My hair is very uneven and broken off so I planned on cutting it off anyway.

Yeah I liked the idea of briading my hair for the week and leaving it alone but these knots came out of nowhere. I NEVER experienced this before. I will try your suggestions. Thanks.

Hey Loca,
My hair does the same with cornrows that are a couple of days old too. Honestly, I have been wearing half wigs for 2 years now as my primary p/s and bunning works so much better for me. I just moisturize and seal with the pony in place for several days.

Hey Loca,
My hair does the same with cornrows that are a couple of days old too. Honestly, I have been wearing half wigs for 2 years now as my primary p/s and bunning works so much better for me. I just moisturize and seal with the pony in place for several days.

Hey Caribgurl, I was thinking maybe I shouldnt do the cornrows anymore. I liked the braids because I have hand in hair syndrome and the braids made me "forget" about my hair for a little bit.

But it is counterproductive if I'm gonna be battling these knots every week. I wont be retaining any length.

Thanks for responding.

Hi There,
I'm a wig wearer and I've experienced knots from time to time as well. The only difference is I don't have cornrows I have TWA but the main thing that has definitely help me with knots and tangles was Castor Oil. I apply the oil all over my head, apply the wig cap (the net kind) and then the wig.

Does anyone wear their hair in a wrapped pony/tight bun underneath? How does this work for you?

I do! :grin: I cant cornrow, so I just smooth it all into a low bun covered with a baggy. Works great for me and it doesn't look like an obvious "bump" under my wigs.

Back