I'm getting frustrated

letstalkhair

I\'m getting frustrated

because I cannot find a good medium-dark brown color!
laugh.gif
Ok I know that dosn't sound very important but it becomes so when you've been looking for about 2 months. I want a color that is a pretty dark brown, but not so dark brown that it almost looks black. A rich dark chestnut maybe. But my problem is, when I see a color like this, I don't know whether to purchase because I don't know if it's a reccomended brand or I don't know if I should just stick with brands made specifically for black women like textures and tones (both of there browns are oo dark, that's my natural color right there) or creme of nature (does anyone have a reveiw on that by the way?) So if anyone has found a good dark brown that stayed relatively true to the box and that didn't make their hair fall out, please please advise me
frown.gif

Re: I\'m getting frustrated

Are you looking to use a permanent color?? If so, I'd definitely use a Golden Brown, or maybe even a Light Golden Brown, because the browns always end up being darker than the colors on the box!! Definitely go lighter than what you actually want, because once you dye your hair dark, it's almost impossible to lighten it
smile.gif
(just ask Tracy!!)

Really? Hmmm...in that case I guess I'll take another look. So I'll recheck texture and tones, but does anyone know of another reccomended brand. I don't want to blindly purchase something even if I do like the color. I need to know someone else has used it before
laugh.gif

Hey has anyone ever heard of Karizma Creme Colour? It's made by Soft Sheen. It is a permanent color with 16 shades. I've never tried it, I was wondering if anyone else has??

My girlfriend uses Karizma, and she loves it. It contains ammonia AND peroxide so I believe it is more drying to the hair than using Textures & Tones. I wouldn't use it unless I wanted to go lighter in color than what T & T could do. If you're using a brown shade, you can get a semi-permanent (which wont damage your hair at all!!) The only thing is that you'll need to do it often.
ohwell.gif

Yikes! Ammonia and peroxide huh? What color does your girlfriend use? Also is she relaxed or natural? Has she been using it for a long time? The thing about the semi permanent is that everyone said that the color won't show up at all (except maybe a few undertones in the sun) if your hair is off black or dark brown like mine is
frown.gif

She uses a very light color -- like reddish blonde, and she's relaxed. I think she's been using it for a year, maybe two.

You're right, if your hair is dark brown the semi-perm won't show much unless you use a reddish color...

Back