I'm feeling the swing , Baby..Yeah!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Stylepink
  • Start date Start date
S

Stylepink

I\'m feeling the swing , Baby..Yeah!!!

trampoline.gif

I came to this board three months after making a decision that I was not going to accept that Black Women could not grow long hair. My hair was broken, thin and had no sheen to it. No one had ever told me how to take care of my hair so as a result, it suffered greatly. I wore weaves for years to cover the bad condition of my real hair and did not know that I needed to take care of my hair as I wore the weave. My hair, in the back of my head, wasn't even long enought to put a track in for a weave. I went to hairdressers and let them tell me what to do rather than direct them on the best way to take care of my 4B hair. I finally found this board and it changed my life. I started reading on how to take care of my hair, I was no longer afraid of how to use different products and I was falling in LOVE
love.gif
with my hair! I just had a touch up today and my new hairdresser says my hair is healthier than ever, no split ends and no breakage. For the first time in years, I feel the "swing" in the back of my hair. My hair is actually moving!!! I started this quest November 2002 and as of todays date, my hair is 8 and a half inches long in the nape area of my neck.

So, for all of you 4B ladies who really want to know if we can grow long hair, I believe it is truly possible. Do not give up, keep believing in yourself and learn to fall in love with your hair. Be true to yourself and it will be true to you! Grow on my Sistahs!!!!!

Gotta go now. I need to find someplace to walk to so I can keep feeling this "swing" before I put in back in my trusty bun!

Re: I\'m feeling the swing , Baby..Yeah!!!

Thanks dontspeak, I feel wonderful!

<font color="brown">
rosebud.gif
Such an ispirational story . . . Thanks for sharing!

AngieK </font>

Congrats StylePink!! Isnt it a good feeling to accomplish this? Your hair is growing, you are retaining length, and all because of YOU!!!

I'm glad it's working for you
up.gif
Treating your hair well will always pay off. The hair has no choice but to thrive with good treatment
smile.gif

Congratulations, I glad it's working for you. Keep growing.

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats StylePink!! Isnt it a good feeling to accomplish this? Your hair is growing, you are retaining length, and all because of YOU!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

...and the wonderful Ladies on this hair board! The advise here is always wonderful. Some stuff works and some doesn't but it sure is a lot of fun experimenting and sharing! Thanks to everyone for your kind words!

Thanks everyone! I just remembered how discouraged i used to get when I thought my hair was not growing. I thought it was the worst thing in the world to have my hair type. Now I realize how I've been blessed with the knowledge on how to take care of my hair. I hope others can read this and realize our dreams and hard work will payoff.
smile.gif

Congrats, I understand how you feel because the same thing is happening here in my corner.
Peace

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats, I understand how you feel because the same thing is happening here in my corner.
Peace

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it a great feeling?

I'm so happy for you Stylepink. Go on wit yo bad MAryKay self!!
wink.gif

Back