I'm embarrassed to get a weave.

Amber just spoke the T-R-U-T-H!!! :imo:

I would also like to add, though, that white women wear fake hair, too! It's not just a Black thang...

And TRUST, your fiance would love for you to have switched it up :yep:

Keep 'im on his toes :grin:

Well, I do switch it up. If you look at my myspace page you can see I wear a gazillion different styles but I appreciate your input. My fiance though...(most of yall know he's white)...he likes to run fingers through the hair and stuff and if he feels a track or bump...he's gonna raise an eyebrow at me. :grin:

:spinning:Oh i had to reply to this.. mama.. try it and im going to tell you what hair to use for your first time.. REMI VELVET YAKI.. match exactly to your color which looks like a 1b. it can be used over and over for as long as you keep it up. wrap and tie up your hair every night.

The benefit is that you dont have to constantly mess with your hair.. just image a break for a month.. also. i recommend you get a horse shoe shape part, meaning= leave the front edges out enough to blend with the weave for a ponytail look and the horse shoe is the hair you leave out connected to the edges.

think of aalyiah :singer: her part was on the side/top thats the horse shoe area.. she left enough hair out to blend on top of the weave.. i hope you follow me :ohwell:. the rest of you hair should be braided in a bee hive and if you'd like.. covered with a hair net to minimize damage from brushing or combing.

SOme ladies say do straight back cornrows but then you'll have a hump in the back of your head... i hope i helped a little..

FYI: you know you have long flowing hair and you know why you have the weave in to get a break.. if you feel akward i assume its because you know you have long hair already.. girl dont even trip.. you good.. do you..

Oh that must have been very disappointing. See...when my hair was longer people used to ask me if I had a weave all the time. That was annoying. I could always so no though and that made me "feel" good.

I don't think I want anyone asking me if I am wearing a weave. I think I'd be embarrassed. I shouldn't be but I guess I have a mental block about that stuff. Same reason I never got fake nails.

If I do it, I probably won't go with tracks. I think I'd rather do a 3/4 wig if anything. Thank you for the advice. I'll keep it in mind. :)

I think now I'm also developing a fear that the weave might harm my hair in some way. I wish I could put my hair in a protective invisible bubble. :grin:

Can you put it in a bun?

(sorry if it has been brought up already...still reading the thread :rolleyes:)

:spinning:Oh i had to reply to this.. mama.. try it and im going to tell you what hair to use for your first time.. REMI VELVET YAKI.. match exactly to your color which looks like a 1b. it can be used over and over for as long as you keep it up. wrap and tie up your hair every night.

The benefit is that you dont have to constantly mess with your hair.. just image a break for a month.. also. i recommend you get a horse shoe shape part, meaning= leave the front edges out enough to blend with the weave for a ponytail look and the horse shoe is the hair you leave out connected to the edges.

think of aalyiah :singer: her part was on the side/top thats the horse shoe area.. she left enough hair out to blend on top of the weave.. i hope you follow me :ohwell:. the rest of you hair should be braided in a bee hive and if you'd like.. covered with a hair net to minimize damage from brushing or combing.

SOme ladies say do straight back cornrows but then you'll have a hump in the back of your head... i hope i helped a little..

FYI: you know you have long flowing hair and you know why you have the weave in to get a break.. if you feel akward i assume its because you know you have long hair already.. girl dont even trip.. you good.. do you..

thank you! i loved your response. it made me :grin:

I'm gonna print this one out. :yep:

Well, I do switch it up. If you look at my myspace page you can see I wear a gazillion different styles but I appreciate your input. My fiance though...(most of yall know he's white)...he likes to run fingers through the hair and stuff and if he feels a track or bump...he's gonna raise an eyebrow at me. :grin:

hmmm.....i understand. well, whatever you decide you will be YOU and be BEAUTIFUL either way.

good luck with whatever you decide to do, hon!

I was going to suggest this as well...I love them

3/4 wig
Frontviewofwig-th.jpg
backviewofwig-th.jpg

w/o the wig
P5290008-1.jpg

This is to just give you an idea that you can find one close to your hair...my husband didn't know the difference until i told him and he does not like weave either...at least he didn't until now:grin:

I agree on the 3/4 wigs. I have 2 of them. One from sensational that is synthetic and an outre one that is human hair. I like the outre one more though because its thinner (my hair is fine to begin with) and not as shiny as the synthetic one.

If I have too much newgrowth I throw on a hairband so I dont have to blend.

At first I felt very conscious about it but I know its going to be great in the long run since I plan on using protective styles till December.

When I came home for the weekend my dad thought my hair grew a little bit LOL because hes used to seeing my hair up. Thats how natural the 3/4 wig looked.

I dont have a problem with people wearing weaves but I personally think it would take my hair out.

I'm a newbie here, but I totally understand how you feel. Just as some of the other members suggested, maybe you should try a fall, instant weave, or a 3/4 cap. They come in so many textures, styles & lengths and they start at $19.99. If you decide it's not for you, no major money has been wasted, but if you are inspired, you can get the weave.

I wear instant weaves all of the time and I have had people come up to me and ask who is my stylist. I like being able to take the instant weave off at night, but that's just me. Which ever you choose your hair or the weave, you will be BEAUTIFUL:yep:

I grew up with my dad saying how much he hated weaves and braids and tings of that nature (sorry, ya'll - been watching The Waterboy a lot lately). I loved getting braids, though because I never had to do anything but wake up and go so I would get them a lot. He of course was always mad about it. I never got a weave though because he woulda really freaked out. After so many years of hearing this kind of stuff, I had a real problem with even the idea of me getting a weave. I didn't have a problem with phony ponies or braids, but an actual weave or a wig was NOT gonnna ever be in my head. Then I discovered LHCF and realized that my hair did it's best when I was braided or hiding it. I still didn't actually relent and get a weave until juss yesterday, though. And I am definitely gonna get a wig made by September. I wanna try and hide my hair until January, but I also love wearing my hair down so I think I'll hide it for 3-4 weeks at a time and then go from there.

People asking if it's a weave? I don't care. I know that I have some nice hair so I don't care if they know it's not mine or not. If people ask, I let them know. And if they don't I pretty much juss let them think what they will till they ask. I work with a lot of white people, too, and don't think nothing of telling them no, it ain't mine. Hell, I had on one of those bun covers made out of hair and the thing fell off at work and I didn't notice. Two of my male co-workers were coming down the hallway and saw it and told me something was on the floor by the door I had juss walked out of. One of them was walking towards it to pick it up, but then when I said "oh, it's prolly my hair", he did an about face quick! :lachen: :lachen: Girl, you know I didn't care though. I went right over and picked it up and put it right back on. Another time, one of my female co-workers was saying something about how cute my hair looked (I had in the same bun), and I tried to tell her it wasn't mine. She didn't get what I was saying, so I took it off to show her. One of our managers wears weaves and wigs all the time. I think it was almost a year before our department even saw her real hair. The thing with her though, is her hair is very damaged. I know she's on a bunch of meds, so maybe that is part of the problem. I also don't think she really takes care of her hair underneath the wigs or weaves. I am tempted to say something to her, but always chicken out. It's her hair, and she a grown woman. She cain't figure it out for herself or ask, it's her problem.

Anyway, back on topic. Girl, get one if that's really what you wanna do and if you wanna get one that don't look nothing but fake, that's your choice too! But there's no reason to be embarrassed. I know it's not an easy thing to get over, but it seems like juss thinking about getting one you are taking steps towards reversing your thinking and feelings about weaves. :)

Back