I'm dying to get a cute haircut!!!!!

CarLiTa

... but i'm SOOOOO disoriented. I dont know where to go for a great one, what to ask for, and how to MAKE SURE they don't chop all my progress off:confused: I am just about sick and tired of having hair that is almost all the same length, especially for the front area. Just blends in with the rest of the hair. When I wear my hair down, i think it looks ugly b/c there's technically NO style to it.

I need to get a haircut, with some sort of cute style to it SOON. Maybe for graudation in late May.

I love this one: *some girl on myspace with layers*
452921651_l.jpg

or at least something like that:
237473078_l-vi.jpg

could SOMEBODY tell me where to, please??? and what directions to give the stylist? should i go to some place like the hair cuttery, or a dominican salon *they might be a bit too scissor happy though*
-- ADVICE ANYONE?

thanx missbiss! Anyone else has suggestions?

i think the second picture didn't show up.

237473078_l-vi.jpg

it is cute and it still allows you to keep your lenght, I think you should go for it, but no too many layers because that might make the longer parts look thin or see through or it might get difficult to care for.

That girl is beautiful!!

I think layered cuts look fabulous, especially when they are styled correctly. With layered cuts, you don't have to worry about losing your length if you want to keep it. The stylist may chop of 1/2" of the longest length just to get it even but that's the most they should be cutting off of the perimeter. Then when they get to the interior they will start by figuring out how long you want the shortest layer.

I feel that the shorter the longest layer, the more you will see the layers and the more body you get. Some people get the shortest layer very close to the longest layer and the layers don't really stand out (IMO).

Anyway, I would suggest you going somewhere that knows how to cut our hair. You will know they know how to handle your hair when they check to see if you hair has new growth; it's best to cut our hair dry and straightened if you have new growth. Otherwise, you will get an uneven result when you blow dry the hair.

The best thing to do would be to get it cut after a fresh relaxer; then pretty much any hairstylist would be able to give you some layers; it's a pretty easy cut.

I think it would good idea to get some sorta shape to your hair! Am looking to get the same thing.

I would go for it.

Have layers, but not too many graduals. it will annoy you, esp. if u airdry. they never reach the same length. i'm growing mine out, but its taking a lonnnnnnnnggggggggggg time. i think the shortest layer just above shoulder length would suit your face

I would LOVE to have a cute haircut. Adding some layers around the face would help keep the length (something I would do because I wouldn't want layers in all of my hair - no way - no how). :) The picture shows just what I'm talking about, and it looks nice and simple. :up:

thank ladies :kiss:

CandiceC, as soon as i get my touchup in 3 weeks, I'm going to rollerset a lot more, once a week, and midweek, i will airdry in braids or something like that, so the layer thing wouldn't be too bad.

LoL, i still don't know WHERE to go to get a haircut like that though... is HAIR CUTTERY good? anyone been there for trims and cuts?

i think i would allow them to take 1" off the overall length at the most. That's it, lol.
I want the bangs at cheek length, the layers to be at or 1" below shoulder length, and the rest of my hair to be right below brastrap at the shortest. Is that good?

The second picture i put didn't show up so i'm going to post it again for the 3rd time:
Here's the link, from my album. This is a video girl who was in Jaheim's video. I found that pic on myspace, lol

http://images1.fotki.com/v290/free/ecd6d/5/568401/3029241/237473078_l-vi.jpg

Carlita I agree that girl does remind me of you, I thought she was you at first. Anyhoo you really should not have shown me this b/c I love the layers around the face. My hair is more even and looks blah so I know how you feel I always end up with it behind the ears b/c I don't like it. My back isn't as long as yours or her's though so I don't know how it would look on me. I think you would look great but I don't have any advice other than to show the beautician your pic or if you know someone who has the cut you want to find out who did it.

Keep us posted.

BTW - that pic is forbidden so even with the link it can't be seen, maybe you can save it and put it on your fotki or something.

I like it too!! Have fun and tell hair dresser up front the length you want nothing more.

I agree, that hairstyle is off the chain! I an in love with the bangs she has!!
Does she have more pics of her huur??

yeah she does have pix of her hair, and i have another one that I pasted in my email. I should let you guys see it b/c she took it off her page.
i kinda feel bad posting her pix though, lol, like it's super wrong...

but yeah i will show u the other one.

and the pic you can't see is in my 2006 Inspiration folder. I'm about to put the other girl's pic in there too. Check it out and let me know what you think

oooooh, i thought i was the only one. i love bangs that come to the cheeks/nose. after getting relaxed i had pieces in the front that grew in like that and i loved it!! i would wear my hair in a pony tail and have the front out like that. it was too cute. but unfortunately it grew out and i've tried to recreate it on my own by trimming but i can never quite get that look back. hopefully next relaxer i'll get it right or by chance it'll grow in like that.

Back