I'M DONE WITH COWASHING!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
It left too much residue in my hair.:ohwell: My hair looked dry and was hard as a rock. I guess I need sulfate laden shampoo.:grin: I leave in my conditioner now and my WNG style not only look soft, but my curls are well defined. Now my regimen is set and simplified. :yep:

I've never understood the whole co-washing concept

Think about how much dirt gets on our hair during the day, plus, if you exercise most days of the week, you gotta wash to get all the sweat out. It seems like we(as in BW) wash our hair the least when compared to other races of women. I think this has resulted in the lack of moisture that we seem to suffer on our hair.

Think about how much dirt gets on our hair during the day, plus, if you exercise most days of the week, you gotta wash to get all the sweat out. It seems like we(as in BW) wash our hair the least when compared to other races of women. I think this has resulted in the lack of moisture that we seem to suffer on our hair.

ITA. Co-washing has been great after workouts especially when I add a pinch of baking soda to the mix, diluted with a little bit of filtered water every couple of weeks, it has saved my scalp and my ends from excessively drying out from sulfate poos. But then again DDtexlaxd, I'm glad you've found what works for you honey - not everything is for everyone.

Does conditioner by itself get your hair clean? I'd think my hair wouldn't be as clean if I just washed with conditioner.

I would suggest cutting back on amount of conditioner you are using during co-washing. I was using way too much conditioner cut back now see huge difference. I love water against my scalp cowashing is great excuse for me.

Does conditioner by itself get your hair clean? I'd think my hair wouldn't be as clean if I just washed with conditioner.

If you're like many people you don't exclusively co-wash. For instance, I use shampoo (SLS-free in my case) and DC once a week, but I cowash daily the rest of the week. Daily rinsing slows dirt build upand the conditioner, well, conditions.

I tried everything that was threaded- ACV rinsing, oil washing, adding baking soda to my conditioners... even just plan water rinsing and nothing worked like just plain old shampoo. I now use Suave w. coconut poo and leave the coconut conditioner in as a leave in. My hair loves it. I have found co washing to be very beneficial in my past natural route, but this time, my hair is not having it!:lachen: My hair has always loved the wrong things. mineral oil, petroleum, and now ALS, SLS and whatever else I missed. Go figure, but my hair is now thriving. I am hoping my progress continues. This past week marks my 2 month post BC. Slowly but surely things are coming together.

Back