I'm cutting bangs due to breakage!!

MaryJane3000

Basically some of my hair broke off in the front right above the top of my forehead and it's so much thinner now that I think I should just cut bangs. I'm on a 15 week stretch and the brushing to smooth down my new growth in the front wrecked havoc, so never again. I think I just need to cut it, the hairs gonna get cut anyways, so I might as well make it something cute right? I've been contemplating it for a while and now seems like a good excuse or reason to. How many ladies on here have bangs? How do you style them? What do you do when your new growth comes in? How do you avoid heat and make them look cute? Any suggestions on the type of bangs I should get? I have my appointment at 2, so help a sista out!

I love the micro bangs! I talked my hairdresser into giving me some bangs that hit about mid forehead (and I had to beg for that) She's really proud of my hair's progress (even though I only go to see her like 3x a year) and hates to cut it.
Mid forehead to just above the eye (lower than the brow but above the eye) is a good starting length so you can see how you feel about them. The downside is sometimes it can feel annoying to constantly have hair on your face and washing your face and appying make up can be tricky especially since I recommend NEVER brushing them straight back even when washing. I found training my bangs to go forward helped especially if the wind blows your hair. There's nothing worse than having your bangs fly straight out or up after a run or bike ride. You want them to hang down all the time, so minimize messing with them until you're ready to grow them out or change it up all together.

I have bangs and I'm so glad they're growing out. I really enjoyed them at first but now they're just a nuisance. If I ever got bangs again, they would have to be sideswept.

Let us know if you got bangs and what type!

I had to cut bangs many times in the past because of breakage too. I like the side swept bangs better on me and I would roller set them. I also noticed recently that my front "bang area" grows a WHOLE LOT slower than the rest of my hair. :sad:

I had the same thing happen earlier this year. I had breakage which led to the need for cutting bangs. They were short (above the eyebrows) but I wear buns 5 days a week so they stayed slicked back. I use elasta qp mango butter on my edges to keep them down to minimize the need to brush them. I concentrated my use of growth aides in this area as well. Now they are mid nose length so I just wear them down or side swept.

Back