I'm confused about relaxers now!

Purtygurly

I\'m confused about relaxers now!

Ok guys, I need to pick a relaxer... fast. I'm really going crazy over this. I've been thinking about it daily for weeks.

I used motions, but it leaves my hair underprocessed. I have mostly4a/b hair.

I was thinking about using dudleys, affirm or mizani. I want to use regular strength. Also I'll need the one that is the strongest out of the three, because my hair is resistant.

Which one would that be?
confused.gif
confused.gif

Re: I\'m confused about relaxers now!

I used Mizani mild and I have like the results (although my hair is not resistant to relaxers ~ as soon as its applied its off my head).

I would recommend the Mizani line though. I do believe they make a regular and a super as well.

I don't want to use super though. It's possible for my hair to be straightened with a regular, but I haven't found a regular lye relaxer that does the job yet. Well, I 've only used motions, and it doesn't do the job at all.

I also heard Mizani was strong. I've never used it though.

I also heard Mizani was strong. I've never used it though.

So you're saying you have a problem with lye relaxers but that no-lye works for you? How many lye relaxers have you tried so far?

I would recommend Affirm. I used Mizani one time but it got my hair TOO straight. I like the fact that Affirm relaxes your hair but doesn't blow out all of your wave pattern - thus leaving you with stronger strands. If your hair is resistant you might want to go with the resistant formula of Affirm b/c it still wont get your hair too straight where it's on the verge of being overprocessed.

I just self-relaxed for the first time in years and had great results with Motions Oil Moisturizer in mild. My hair is fine and color-treated so I couldn't using anything stronger but I have no complaints - it worked great!

Maybe your hair is used to that particular relxer and it doesn't work anymore...

I think I would trust a professionals advice though as to what perm to switch to.

When I was in the states I used Mizani and my hair is resistant it worked great, but I now use Affirm Lye Mild and it works good. I had to switch because the salons over here in my area either use Motions or Affirm. Motions use to leave my hair underprocessed also.
mad.gif

I have been using Mizani sensitive for the passed year. Prior to I had never had a relaxer so I have no comparative info to offer, but I like it. I have 4a hair and my scalp is extra sensitive so as soon as its on everywhere we have to rinse. It works really well for me. Leaves my hair straight but not over processed.

I have 4a/b hair and i've beem using Regular Strength Revlon Professional Relaxer for like 6 years. I apply it,smooth it and from the first application to when i start to rinse beginning to end takes about 20mins

If you can afford a hair dresser I say Affirm. But if you are a do-it-yourselfer then Revlon Realistic Extra Conditioning Creme Relaxer (lye) in regular or mild your choice(recommended by Consumers Report). I hope this helps.

Back