I'm coming to NEW YORK in 10 days..Where are the BEST hair stores??

Candy_C

Hey, i'm going to be staying in Chinatown, next to Little Italy...Manhatten in 10 days time (VERY EXCITED! IF YOU RECOGNISE ME SAY HELLO!)

I want to stock up on some Dominican products such as Salerm and i want to find some NTM too.

Can anybody tell me which shops are where and how far they are? thankyou!!!

Last edited:
Helpful hint: find your butt to a Target store and get the NTM leave-in cream for $1.61! Last time I went, I bought 3 bottles--gotta go for more...:D

Candy_C said:
Hey, i'm going to be staying in Chinatown, next to Little Italy...Manhatten in 10 days time (VERY EXCITED! IF YOU RECOGNISE ME SAY HELLO!)

I want to stock up on some Dominican products such as Salerm and i want to find some NTM too.

NTM can be found at any Duane Reade (they are everywhere). I get my Salerm 21 from the BBS's in East Harlem. I think there are a few BBS's closer to Chinatown that also sell Salerm. I'm not sure of the locations, though.

Last edited:
Okay girl, if you can please take a trip up to Harlem! There are tons of BSS there, and you can get them for reasonable rates too, especially Dominican conditioners. If you go to Harlem check out the retail stores too, MONY's is hot ( I digress)! In Midtown Manhattan there are several stores my favorite is Beauty 35 on 35th and 8th (if I'm wrong someone will correct me) they have an AMAZING SELECTION! IT'S PJ NIRVANA!! From Affirm, Mizani, DUDLEY's, Gallon sized Dominician Conditioners and Rinses for like $5! They also have a large selection of hair for braiding weaving etc...and the other aisles have other random beauty items that are hard to find, like eyebrow bleaching kits etc! It's my opinion that Beauty 35 is one of the better BSS in midtown Manhattan.

Candy_C said:

damn gurl im so jealous... go wild and be the PJ you know you wanna be;) have a great time:p

If you head uptown (1 train), I would stop off at RAMA Beauty Supply on Amsterdam, between 105th and 106th. They have a HUGE selection of Dominican Conditioners at reasonable prices and value sizes (MissKey, Silicon Mix, Capilo, Sedal, etc.)

And if by chance they don't have what you want, they call their other location (a couple of blocks away) and bring it over within minutes.

Have fun...I'll be home next weekend, so I'll definitely be stocking back up :grin:

Harlem is the way to go Candy c. i m not too familiar with stores downtown unless you want to go to Sephora on 34th street or 42nd street for the fekkai, lazartigue, rene furterer, kerastase, phytospecific and phytorelaxer you have a great selection for the dominican products and all the good stuff:lol: you can either take the 2 train to 116th street, the bss has a large selection of everything from nexxus to whatever same thing on the same block the CVS Pharmacy got a great selection from Sebastians to vo5 to wella, nioxin, minoval, miss antilles, betty hutton hair pouss plus... to whatever and else you can also head to 125th st (2-3 train to 125th street ) and get everything from nexxus, to dominican products, glovers, aphogee.....:grin: sky s the limit but any duane reade, cvs pharmacy anything carry now hair products for african americans and salons brands as well so anywhere you go even around chinatown i m sure i saw a bss around there oh even brooklyn when you take the a train to jay street got 2 huge bss with a lot of products hard to find. Each time i go to church to the Brooklyn Tabernacle there and i stop i see everything from the huge bottle of mane and tail to any product. Enjoy your stay girl and stock up i know you will:D

ekomba said:
Harlem is the way to go Candy c. i m not too familiar with stores downtown unless you want to go to Sephora on 34th street or 42nd street for the fekkai, lazartigue, rene furterer, kerastase, phytospecific and phytorelaxer you have a great selection for the dominican products and all the good stuff:lol: you can either take the 2 train to 116th street, the bss has a large selection of everything from nexxus to whatever same thing on the same block the CVS Pharmacy got a great selection from Sebastians to vo5 to wella, nioxin, minoval, miss antilles, betty hutton hair pouss plus... to whatever and else you can also head to 125th st (2-3 train to 125th street ) and get everything from nexxus, to dominican products, glovers, aphogee.....:grin: sky s the limit but any duane reade, cvs pharmacy anything carry now hair products for african americans and salons brands as well so anywhere you go even around chinatown i m sure i saw a bss around there oh even brooklyn when you take the a train to jay street got 2 huge bss with a lot of products hard to find. Each time i go to church to the Brooklyn Tabernacle there and i stop i see everything from the huge bottle of mane and tail to any product. Enjoy your stay girl and stock up i know you will:D

I Co-Sign with heading to Harlem, 125th street. You'll def find what you need.

There is a beauty supply store on Chambers street, which is not too far from Chinatown/Little Italy. They have dominican products and salerm.

I'm not a New Yorker, but let me pretend that I know something. :D No, I started a thread like this in 2003 right before a trip to NY and one of the ladies directed me to a BSS called Just For Me. If I remember correctly, it was at Fulton and Flatbush in Brooklyn. It was great. All the Dom. products that had been talked about on the board were there! It was a losing battle to restrain myself, because it wasn't like I could just come back and get more any time I wanted.

Have fun!

TIP: Take an extra carry-on type bag on your trip with you to bring your stuff back in.

Hit Wigs Plus on 32nd between 6th and 7th Avenue...closer to 7th Avenue...think they close around 7/7:30 p.m during the week.

You'll lose your mind in there for about an hour.

If you can get to Brooklyn, there is a huge BSS that is two floors on Fulton St. called Feel Beauty. You will probably see me lurking around there because I visit often. Just about every product you think of is there and I mean every product.

Soooo Candy, how about you bring a bag with jars of that La India creme with ya? LOL....I work in mid-town, Times Square area...we'll do lunch :)

Just messin'...

Speaking of....any good spots in Midtown (more so the 40's)? I think I may have seen something earlier in the post...I'll look again.

so1913 said:
Soooo Candy, how about you bring a bag with jars of that La India creme with ya? LOL....I work in mid-town, Times Square area...we'll do lunch :)

Just messin'...

HAHA u know what i was actually nthinking that!

i dont know how i would get it to you all tho?...or get ma money back..lolo:lol:

we could do lunch! i'm up for anything, i'm a bit of a big personality though, u wont get me to shut up !

Last edited:
Harlem and Brooklyn would be great for BSS's esp. Harlem.

I was thinking we should have a mini meeting for Candy when she comes. Has there even been an NY meeting yet?

Where in NY will you be staying? Just about any BSS that you walk into will have Dominican products and most likely at cheaper prices than you see online.

I'll be in nj taking the train in, so as long as I can get there by train i don't mind. Do you know of any good places? Also ones that have mizani and things like that???

I'll be in nj taking the train in, so as long as I can get there by train i don't mind. Do you know of any good places? Also ones that have mizani and things like that???

The ones that I'm familiar with in Manhattan are:

-[I can't recall the name of this one] Chambers Street, between West Broadway and Church Street (This is in Downtown Manhattan). This store is accessible by the 1, 2, 3, A, C trains. The stop is "Chambers Street."

- 8th Avenue around 35th street I think (It was mentioned either in this thread or in the other BSS thread). This area is midtown Manhattan and accessible by the A, C, E trains. The stop on the train would be "34th Street." This train line runs on 8th avenue.

- Wigs and Plus. 14th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue. Accessible by the F and V trains to the 14th Street stop.

aww man!!:wallbash: it's too bad i didn't see this thread when i was in NYC a month ago. Good thing...i spent so much $$ on shoes and clothes and more shoes....i would have came back even more in the red if i knew about it.

I will subscribe to this for next trip.:drunk:

The ones that I'm familiar with in Manhattan are:

-[I can't recall the name of this one] Chambers Street, between West Broadway and Church Street (This is in Downtown Manhattan). This store is accessible by the 1, 2, 3, A, C trains. The stop is "Chambers Street."

- 8th Avenue around 35th street I think (It was mentioned either in this thread or in the other BSS thread). This area is midtown Manhattan and accessible by the A, C, E trains. The stop on the train would be "34th Street." This train line runs on 8th avenue.

- Wigs and Plus. 14th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue. Accessible by the F and V trains to the 14th Street stop.

Thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REALLY appreciate the train info too! I will def be looking at these places!!!!!!!!! :hug2:

You guys are the best. I knew there'd be a thread like this.

I'm going to NYC next week and I'll be staying in Manhattan. I've already planned on packing light and bringing 2 suitcases (with plenty of Ziplock bags and rubberbands to make sure all of my stuff stays tidy) so I can be prepared for all the stuff I plan on bringing back.

I'm printing off this information and placing it next to my boarding pass.

like a couple girls said b4...the one on 35th and 8th ave is the best. i'm always in there since it's down the street from my job:grin:.

Back