I'M ADDICTED!!!

kisz4tj

To christian fiction...OMG, Sat nite I was up till 3 a.m. reading a book called Joy by Victoria Christopher Murray....it was unbelievable.

I'm on a book marathon...I've gotta go get another one. I really want to read Redeeming love by Francine Rivers but I want a cheap deal :lol:

I've read Boaz Brown (there's another thread here) LOVED IT! I finished Temptation last week also by VCM. I'll be making a library trip at lunch...if I don't have success finding something, then I'll break down and pay full price at B&N.

Thanks for some of these titles. I am part of a book club that read primarily books from a Christian perspective and I am trying to get the ladies interested in more Christian fiction. I absolutely loved "A Lova Like No Other"by Stephanie Perry Moore. I wish she would write more. Alot of the ladies are married are and I am new to the club but, I am seeing right now that I am going to get tired of reading relationship him and her books! I have read my share, like to polish up once in a while but I am not looking for a relationship! Whew! got that off my chest. Again, thanks for dropping the titles.;)
kisz4tj said:
To christian fiction...OMG, Sat nite I was up till 3 a.m. reading a book called Joy by Victoria Christopher Murray....it was unbelievable.

I'm on a book marathon...I've gotta go get another one. I really want to read Redeeming love by Francine Rivers but I want a cheap deal :lol:

I've read Boaz Brown (there's another thread here) LOVED IT! I finished Temptation last week also by VCM. I'll be making a library trip at lunch...if I don't have success finding something, then I'll break down and pay full price at B&N.

I went to the library and picked up...we'll see how these are.

Sunday Brunch by Norma L. Jarrett
Flame by Stephanie Perry Moore

Flame was good. If you that one, you will love A lova Like No Otha. Like I said I just wished she wrote more. She has a a teen series out. I wish she put more into her adult series.
kisz4tj said:
I went to the library and picked up...we'll see how these are.

Sunday Brunch by Norma L. Jarrett
Flame by Stephanie Perry Moore

I tried to get A lova like no otha but they didn't have it. I didn't even know about flame I just went over to "M" and saw that it was written by her.

Right now I'm reading a series of books 'women of the bible' by Evelyn Minshull. They're so interesting! She gives each woman a story just based on what she imagined what their life was like.
Some of her books are, Dinah, Ruth, Esther, Hagaar, Mariam and song of Deborah (which is my favorite)

I think I read the book titled Joy. Was it about a woman that was raped? I also read lova like no other. It was good. I am glad you started this thread. I wanted to get into more christian fiction. It is so nice to read uplifting fiction books that are not so secular.

YES CHILE YES!!!!!!
Country gal said:
I think I read the book titled Joy. Was it about a woman that was raped? I also read lova like no other. It was good. I am glad you started this thread. I wanted to get into more christian fiction. It is so nice to read uplifting fiction books that are not so secular.

Kis, keep us posted, especially me . I can devour a book in a couple of days especially if it is a holiday, a weekend, or during a nap time (I operate a day care). So you can see it is a great way to "get away" lol. Please continue to post. Like I said I belong to a reading group and sometime we post forums. Perhaps we can even do one here or make up our own forum (like my group did) and discuss a book. I really like Christian fiction and I look forward to talking the ladies of our groups more into them. They have read the Left Behind Series but I don't know if I am all into that. Just keep us posted...You have started something...:lol:

BTW, I picked up Boaz Brown. Just the cover sounds what I call a "juicy book". I couldn't wait for my group for this one :lol:

Last edited:
Michelle Stimpson author of Boaz Brown have another book coming out called Divas of Damascus. SOund like it maybe good...;)

Okay, I had to come back for another book title. I got Boaz Brown yesterday. Devoured it! It is finished as of a few minutes ago. I thought I would have it at least for the holiday! Dang, now I have to go get another "juicy" find :lol: . You know it is a good book when you hate to see it end. I guess I will be like you Kis trekking to the library before they close!

Great Thread! I have read Joy and Temptation by Victoria Christopher Murray. I see that she has another one out called Truth Be Told.

I must check out some of these others that you all have mentioned. I didn't know there were so many. I've been searching!

I read one called Prodigal Daughters that I thought was really good if anyone is interested.

I love Christian novels too. I read both "Joy" and "Temptation" by Victoria Christian Murray. Both books were good but I liked Temptation better. Another good book is "A Test of Faith" by Maxine Billings. I also liked Church Folk and Second Sunday by Michele Andrea Bowen. I need to check out Boaz Brown! :)

czyfaith77 said:
Kis, keep us posted, especially me . I can devour a book in a couple of days especially if it is a holiday, a weekend, or during a nap time (I operate a day care). So you can see it is a great way to "get away" lol. Please contine to post. Like I said I belong to a reading group an dsometime we post forums. Perhaps we can even do one here or make up our own forum (like my group did) and discuss a book. I really like Christian fiction and I look forward to talking the ladies of our groups more into them. They have read the Left Behind Series but I don't know if I am all into that. Just keep us posted...You have started something...:lol:

BTW, I picked up Boaz Brown. Just the cover sounds what I call a "juicy book". I couldn't wait for my group for this one :lol:
:clap: Yay...I think you're gonna love it....I will definitely keep you posted on some of the jewels I find :bookworm: :D

czyfaith77 said:
Okay, I had to come back for another book title. I got Boaz Brown yesterday. Devoured it! It is finished as of a few minutes ago. I thought I would have it at least for the holiday! Dang, now I have to go get another "juicy" find :lol: . You know it is a good book when you hate to see it end. I guess I will be like you Kis trekking to the library before they close!
DANG CZY! :lol: U ain't playin' Thats exactly how you know a book is good....feelin' all like you'll never see/read your friend again :lol: seperation anxiety :lol: Thanks for the heads up abt Divas Damascus....I'm gonna check to see when it'll be released.

classimami713 said:
These books sound interesting. Are they romances from a Christian perspective?
Yup they are from a christian perspective..which is HUGE for me. Some are romances..Boaz Brown is....some others are just relationship issues thrown in the mix...but not romance per se.

SoniT said:
I love Christian novels too. I read both "Joy" and "Temptation" by Victoria Christian Murray. Both books were good but I liked Temptation better. Another good book is "A Test of Faith" by Maxine Billings. I also liked Church Folk and Second Sunday by Michele Andrea Bowen. I need to check out Boaz Brown! :)
Yes you do....and I'mma need to see what Maxine Billings is talkin' bout. :)

I finished Sunday Brunch last night. It was aiight...I didn't think it had any depth to it AT ALL. At least not compared to the other books I've read lately. I started Flame today...we'll see how this one goes.

I have to recommend this book. I'm halfway thru and its unbelievable......awesome. Its called Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Its a must read!

Flame was good. Her other book A Lova Like No Otha was even better!
kisz4tj said:
I finished Sunday Brunch last night. It was aiight...I didn't think it had any depth to it AT ALL. At least not compared to the other books I've read lately. I started Flame today...we'll see how this one goes.

In case anyone is intereseted. The major romance review magazine in the industry has a section devoted to Inspirational Romances in each issue. (Inspirational is industry-speak for Christrian based romances).

Its a growing genre and one commanding a lot of respect these days.

If you're interested in finding other books, Romantic Times Booklovers has their reviews archived on their website.

Site: www.romantictimes.com
Once there, click on Book Search, which will bring up a search form. Leave everything blank and just select Inspirational under Type. Right now there are 933 listings. Happy reading!

The addiction continues...no rehab in sight :lol: I just finished a book called Seasons by Bonnie Hopkins....very good read, hated to put it down.

kisz4tj said:
The addiction continues...no rehab in sight :lol: I just finished a book called Seasons by Bonnie Hopkins....very good read, hated to put it down.
Great addiction! No intervention necessary! We will not be taking you to rehab young lady. I am doing a spiritual workbook ritch now!

Back