IM ABOUT TO APPLY A RINSE TO MY HAIR....

Nanyanika

Well at the weekend.
i have become quite bored so to infuse some excitement in my hair i plan to apply a rinse and do a blow out with the help of my niece. i'm interested in reds, i want an intense look, could i mix jazzing colours together?

den1 said:
Well at the weekend.
i have become quite bored so to infuse some excitement in my hair i plan to apply a rinse and do a blow out with the help of my niece. i'm interested in reds, i want an intense look, could i mix jazzing colours together?

This is so funny because as I am typing this I am sitting here with a rinse on my hair! Its a light reddish brown. You can mix semi-permanant colors together. What colors to mix - pleeze dont ask me cuz I cant even pretend to know. Good luck!

naturallady said:
This is so funny because as I am typing this I am sitting here with a rinse on my hair! Its a light reddish brown. You can mix semi-permanant colors together. What colors to mix - pleeze dont ask me cuz I cant even pretend to know. Good luck!
Oh what a coincidence, i hope you will post pictures of the results.....i'm going to check out the colours and see which ones i like. btw how did you apply yours?

OH I FOUND THE FOLLOWING REDS

Clairol Jazzing Hair Color:
Red Hot $7.50 $6.50
Fuscia Plum $7.50 $6.50
Cherry Cola $7.50 $6.50
Ruby Red $7.50 $6.50
Racy Wine

I'm thinking of the ruby red with red hot or cherry cola, anyone tried these.

den1 said:
how much bottles will i need for my hair?
If your bottles are costing you $6 and $7 I imagine these are the big ones. You will only need one. I used the smaller bottle because my hair isn't all that long. It was plenty in there too.

I CW my hair with the stocking cap with twists in as usual and toweled my hair dry. Then I applied the color in it with the twists still in. Put a cap on it for 225 min w/o heat and rinsed it out. Now I have bands in my hair to streach my hair out. Later on I will re-twist after its almost dry.

So far it looks like I havent put a thing in my hair but I expected that cuz my hair is jet black. Color will only show up in light and outdoors. Well see how it goes tomorrow. I have never tried this color before, only plum in the jazzing line.

naturallady said:
If your bottles are costing you $6 and $7 I imagine these are the big ones. You will only need one. I used the smaller bottle because my hair isn't all that long. It was plenty in there too.

I CW my hair with the stocking cap with twists in as usual and toweled my hair dry. Then I applied the color in it with the twists still in. Put a cap on it for 225 min w/o heat and rinsed it out. Now I have bands in my hair to streach my hair out. Later on I will re-twist after its almost dry.

So far it looks like I havent put a thing in my hair but I expected that cuz my hair is jet black. Color will only show up in light and outdoors. Well see how it goes tomorrow. I have never tried this color before, only plum in the jazzing line.
Doesn't the heat help to set the colour in the hair, to a semi-permanent, its just that i read about it. i think, i'm going to apply my colour over a set of box braids, with heat. what think of deep conditioner do you use after you colour, can i use my AO honeysuckle rose conditioner?

den1 said:
Doesn't the heat help to set the colour in the hair, to a semi-permanent, its just that i read about it. i think, i'm going to apply my colour over a set of box braids, with heat. what think of deep conditioner do you use after you colour, can i use my AO honeysuckle rose conditioner?

I thought the same thing but the directions said to put on a cap and leave it on at room temp. i am not sure of what you are asking but after I rinsed it out I put on my mango butter and honey/EVOO/water leave in. I will do a deep cond. in a couple days.

naturallady said:
I thought the same thing but the directions said to put on a cap and leave it on at room temp. i am not sure of what you are asking but after I rinsed it out I put on my mango butter and honey/EVOO/water leave in. I will do a deep cond. in a couple days.
Mmm i don't think i'll try it yet, until i'm certain whether i should use heat or not. thanks for your help Caisha.

Hey, Den! SOrry, but I wouldn't reccomend Jazzing since I've heard stories of bleeding, quick fade, and drying on some people on the board... However since you live in England, my favorite semi/rinse is Stargazer. I like it because its concentrated, gentle/ no drying, and it comes in bright colors. I think it lasts awhile too. Another brand thats good are the infamous Sebastian Colourshines, the price might be a little steep, but its good stuff nonetheless.

Back