I'm a newie and i need help!!!!!

Hey ladies i need your advice i just subscribed to LHCF, but i started the process about a month ago because my hair was damage and i got pictures to prove it lol . since early July ive been takin care of my hair and looking through LHCF for inspiration I've been doing DC's , and CW every2 day and W/w Shampoo once a month. i even bought BM(bee mine serum) and ORS and those 2 go a long way...Now i'm setting a goal to be shoulder length before i consider doing the BC, and then to plan a new Journey to GO NATURAL. i haven't relaxed my hair in months so there's a lot of new growth. But I've been obsessing over which stylist to trust since school is around the corner. I need help i need to know what protective styles to do and products to use in order to help my hair grow. Cause my hair is in the middle of a transaction between new growth and relaxed ends and it doesn't look cute lol... So please help me ladies!!!

Last edited:
Thanks....Who's niko?

:lol: Not Niko; Nikos.

As a lurker, I thought you'd already know about Nikos' cousin. :grin:

Nikos is the genius that keeps this forum running, our site maintenance techie. Well, a few years ago, some clever members came up with a subtle way to ID other members when out in public, if you see someone you suspect is a member. Instead of asking if they are members of LHCF, which might raise an eyebrow or two in those not familiar with the disease of hair obsession, you are to ask, "Are you Nikos' cousin?" If the person says yes, then you know she's one of us. If the person says, "No" or that she doesn't know who Nikos is, then you know she isn't one of us, and you make up some clever excuse as you apologize for the confusion. :p

So if you didn't know, you just acquired a relative called Nikos by joining the forum. :lachen:

Jennifer dont trust a stylist I told you already dont do it! Straw sets are tiny curls that are made by an actual straw.

LOL....nina.
o Thanks i thought that was it but i wasnt to sure. and yea you said not to trust anyone but i dont even know how to get to your casa every other month unless i take a plane it only takes 30mins from here to there and thats not wrth it. i'll just talk to you later about it over the phone but i'm hearing alot about S curls you think i should try that moisturizer cause Renutrients is good it has avocado,olive oil, coconut oil,and vitamins so its ok but should i try s curls.just to see which works best.

Last edited:
:lol: Not Niko; Nikos.

As a lurker, I thought you'd already know about Nikos' cousin. :grin:

Nikos is the genius that keeps this forum running, our site maintenance techie. Well, a few years ago, some clever members came up with a subtle way to ID other members when out in public, if you see someone you suspect is a member. Instead of asking if they are members of LHCF, which might raise an eyebrow or two in those not familiar with the disease of hair obsession, you are to ask, "Are you Nikos' cousin?" If the person says yes, then you know she's one of us. If the person says, "No" or that she doesn't know who Nikos is, then you know she isn't one of us, and you make up some clever excuse as you apologize for the confusion. :p

So if you didn't know, you just acquired a relative called Nikos by joining the forum. :lachen:

:blush:o wow... thanks i had know idea....i saw it on a thread but i never knew the backround on that but thanks for explaining.

Back