i'm a new member and have some questions!

ive121

i\'m a new member and have some questions!

Hi Everybody!
I have layered hair with the longest being 2 inches below my shoulders. I am in about week 12 after getting my relaxer. My new growth has been uneven- for in some areas I have no new growth while at the very middle front of my hair I have about 3/4 of an inch- therefore I have to wait a couple of more weeks for my relaxer. My question is what products and styles make the hair look the best for this inbetween time ? Thanks in advance

Re: i\'m a new member and have some questions!

Hello ive121 and welcome to the board /images/graemlins/wave.gif The only way I wear my hair after week 8-10 is in a ponytail. If I tried to style it, the new growth would make my hair look puffy. I find that hotoil treatments, deep conditioning and using S-curl, curl activator makes my new growth very soft and manageable.

The hair on my head never grows evenly. I always have a whole lot more in the crown than anywhere else on my head /images/graemlins/smile.gif I wonder why /images/graemlins/confused.gif Good luck and welcome again. I'm sure some of the other ladies will chime in with some helpful tips.

Hi, I just wanted to say welcome. I no longer relax, but when I did I guess I was relaly just texturizing cause there wasn't a drastic difference between my roots and the rest of my hair between touchups. I just wanted to say hi...

Welcome! As far as products, I have a ton of them! But I will start off by saying that I am definitely in my inbetween time also because it's been 10 weeks since my last relaxer (07Jan) and I'm stretching out to 15 weeks which is 23Apr. I use products from Alterna, Aveda and Nexxus. I wear a uniform to work everyday and I have to keep my hair off my collar (I'm in the military) so I wear a protective style. By doing this, I just roll my hair up and make sure my ends are tucked in (if you leave your hair out, this can be drying to the ends.) I make sure that I apply pure jojoba oil to the scalp and new growth and tie my hair at night. When I wake up the next morning, my hair is flat. I DO NOT wear my hair down during this traumatic period! /images/graemlins/smile.gif After the 10-12 week point, I'm always wearing my hair up. Another great camouflage is to braid your hair after you wash/condition. Make sure that you put a leave in while it's air drying. After the hair is dry, take the braids down (don't comb it). You won't even be able to tell that you have a lot of new growth. It will only look like your regular texture all over. I've received lots of compliments by doing this. I get most of my new growth at the top and sides, so the braids/air drying method works best for me during the "in between" period.

welcome aboard, ive!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i agree with armyqt. the bun/ponytail is a great style because you're not manipulating your hair at all. and the curl activator really helps to soften new growth and help it lay down.

like sweetcocoa did, i also only mildly relax my hair so the textures aren't very different. that puts less stress on the point where the two textures meet.

adrienne

Hi ive121,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back