IM A NATURAL VET, AND I AM BORED W/ MY HAIR!!!

Hey Netta1! Haven't "seen" you in a while...girl, I hear ya though. :look: I was actually thinking about relaxing for a half second...but I know I would miss my naps tremendously so I just straighten it when I feel like it.

Anyway, Your hair is still as beautiful as ever! :yep:

I understand being bored with hair. I've been natural since '94. It comes and goes. Twisting my hair usually helps me. I'll have my hair braided if I really can't take it any more. Having my hair braided really does it for me. I'll miss shampooing my hair and running my fingers through my hair!

Thank you guys...as soon as I remember how to post pics within my post...I will post last nights hair episode.

Okay this is my hair flat ironed hair....um yeah...introducing my flat ironed afro... LOL

013-vi.jpg

015-vi.jpg

(excuse the juice box...I was hot!)

017-vi.jpg

I broke the law and the law won...LOL

I am offically going on a hair break..

One thing that help me when I got bored with my hair was to put it in a puff and but some flowers in my hair. Some nice accessories always makes you feel pretty and like your hair again!!!

You too? And some of you ladies are going through the same thing! Well so am I! I've been so tempted to create a thread about it, but it's only been 4 months since I did the BC and I kind of felt like maybe I just can't make up my mind or something.

I've tried pressing, but although I get it bone straight (I've done this twice this year) the heat from using the straightening comb just irritates my scalp so bad! I broke down and called my old stylist and she mentioned texturizing. She also said she uses a tourmaline iron and maybe that would be better. She also said that only about 10% of her clients are relaxed now, so that kind of helps me to hang in there. I've been looking at naturals who grew their hair long and texlaxed lately and that's been pretty inspiring.

Your hair is very long though, so I guess maybe braids would help you or a wig. I may try braids.

Whew this is long! Sorry to hi-jack your thread! Just had to vent myself. Thank you for creating this!

I think I am going on hair hiatus for a minute. I am going to get my natural hair braided in small box braids on saturday...I think I am going to try to keep braiding it for about a year or two...with very short breaks in-between.

I did my protein and yogurt condition and wash this evening in preparation for saturday's natural braids...

My hair feels wonderful...a lot better then in did when I attempted flat ironing... (see pics above)

LOL, you live and you learn

Thanks ladies!

When I get bored , I get a dominican blow out ... and by the end of the a week long blow out style .... I want my curls back so bad , I have to wash my hair LOL ...make me appreciate my curls more .

I'm at the same stage! I've been feeling silly about it and like I'm complaining over nothing, so it's good to see someone can relate.

I've been natural for 2.5 years now. I got tired of protective styling and decided to wear it out. I thought I'd never go back to protective styling using extensions when I first started wearing it loose. However, the novelty of wearing it out quickly wore off and the most I did with it was put it in puffs after that. I wasn't inspired to update my fotki at all.

I'm getting some braids put in tomorrow and I'll be doing the C&G method until I at least reach BSL. I've reached felt like this numerous times in the past and protective styling has been the only way to end the frustration, questioning my growth and boredom.

Back