If you're relaxed and wash mor than 1x a week...

i dont wash my hair that often but i dont think it would damage it because its not direct heat. but if your concern you can always air dry but i find hooded dryers to help hair straighten better then air drying

i wash my hair every 2 - 3 days, and i'm relaxed, but i airdry 90% of the time, so it's not straight.
but when my hair IS straight, sometimes i'll sit under the dryer and dry-rollerset my hair with heat for a couple of minutes... like 3 or 4 times a week.
i think a hooded dryer would be fine to use on your hair anytime, because it's not direct heat. just make sure that your hair's been properly moisturized, and you should be good to go.

i'm washing every other day due to workout regimen but i just put in in a ponytail and air dry that way. no way would I use the hair dryer 3 times per week.

I personally wouldnt use the hooded dryer more than twice a week...
if you do you should probably set it on low heat or cool. I also dont think Id like to comb thru my hair with a fine tooth comb that often. Usually what I do is once a week a regular rollerset and the other time Ill do a twistout/braidout, or a ponytail rollerset (6 ponytails--3 on each side and 1-2 rollers on each one) and only use a wide tooth comb for smoothing that time. It works just as well, especially if Im going to wrap it anyway, and its much less manipulation.

is it okay to set then dry your hair under a hooded dryer about 3x a week? Is that too much heat?

I'm relaxed and I set and dry under my hooded dryer every Wed and Sat. I have wonderful results and my hair loves it. It's not direct heat, so it's not a problem.

In the summer I wash and rollerset twice a week...sitting under the hooded dryer each time. Never had any problems, in fact it was great. I wash and rollerset once a week now, but cowash about 3 times during the week. I also sit under the hooded to dry my wash n go at night.

So...that is 4 times durning the week I sit under the hooded dryer.

thanks ladies. i think i might try to see how doing this twice a week goes. if theres any negative effects ill be sticking to once a week.

I'm relaxed and I set and dry under my hooded dryer every Wed and Sat. I have wonderful results and my hair loves it. It's not direct heat, so it's not a problem.

Same here :yep: (Wed and Sun for me)...I always set my dryer on low to dry. As long as the temp of the heat isn't too hot, you should be fine.

Back