If your hair is APL or longer I have a ?

Peaches75

Do you wear your hair down everyday? I wear my hair in ponytail everyday out of laziness but I would like to wear it down more but I am just curious about what others are doing.

Last edited:
I dont wear my hair down everyday. I do it once in awhile. Im trying really hard to protect my ends from breakage. When your a certain length and you wear your hair down,your hair rubs on clothes and thing causing it to break. once You reach BSL it better to wear your hair down. HTH

I either wear a ponytail that is pinned up and under with bobby pins (so that the ends aren't hanging down exposed) or I wear a twist out ponytail really high on my head (to keep the ends from touching my clothes). I very rarely wear my hair down-once I reach my goal, I will wear it down more often.

I dont wear my hair down everyday. I do it once in awhile. Im trying really hard to protect my ends from breakage. When your a certain length and you wear your hair down,your hair rubs on clothes and thing causing it to break. once You reach BSL it better to wear your hair down. HTH

I hadn't heard that once you hit BSL it is better to wear you hair down. Is it less stress on the hairline?

I don't wear my hair out yet. it is APL, but I bun everyday. I have a personal goal to not wear my hair out until at least one inch above BSL. Im suffering from hair anorexia so I have other issues.

Last edited:
I wear it up most times, but when I want to wear it out I wear it out. :) That could be why I'm stuck at this length tho! haha

everyday. I put it in a loose bun the minute i get in the house tho and it stays up while Im in the house, unless my SO takes it down, which he likes to do when we (cough) wrestle. TMI I know but we all grown here lol

I wear a bun during the week mostly because the material on my desk chair at work is the devil and my hair gets caught in it and snaps every time I try to wear my hair down. I usually wear my hair down on the weekend.

A lot of times I may start of wearing my hair down, but by the time I get out of the car to go where ever I'm going, my hair is in a loose bun or something

everyday. I put it in a loose bun the minute i get in the house tho and it stays up while Im in the house, unless my SO takes it down, which he likes to do when we (cough) wrestle. TMI I know but we all grown here lol

Ha! wrestle....:grin:

depends on my workout schedule, but i rarely wear it down everyday. before i started trying to retain length and have healthy hair i wore it down everyday. at the most i'll wear my hair down 3 or 4 days out of the week.

I hardly ever wear my hair down (straight) however I do wear it down on a braidout more often than when I was APL (touching top BSL now). I would probably wear it straight down more often once I reach my goal and I’m able to trim my ends with every relaxer.

I hardly ever wear my hair down. Today is the first day I'm wearing my hair down since August 31st. It's impossible for me to do so without straightening, and I've been on a low-mani regimen for some time now. Wearing a bun/wet bun everyday has done my hair some good :)

I know exactly what you mean. If I could I'd wear my hair down everyday... and break my neck as a result of swinging my head all the time lol. I used to wear it down a lot, straightening it everyday and stuff. No-no. Breakage, breakage, I didn't retained much length, and more breakage. Everyone's hair is different however. Mine is 4a/4b, and for me protective styling and low-mani is better.

I wear my hair in a bun almost all the time, it's very convenient. I wear it down for about a week or two after my touch-up but then put it back in a bun.

No, I try to keep it bunned up or otherwise protected most of the time. But I have found that the longer my hair gets the more tempted I am to wear it down frequently. I'm resisting the urge because I want to focus on length retention through low manipulation, and when my hair's down I usually play in it a lot.

I mostly wear it up in a bun. I do a wet set every 7 - 8 days and keep it down no more than 2 days. My hair is healthy even though it's double processed. :yep:

i went 1 1/2 months wearing my hair up as a result of wet bunning everyday. but i like to wear my hair down which is why that only lasted 1 1/2 months. now i go back and forth. after this monday i will go back to wet bunning until november 1. after that im going back to flat ironing which i love. my hair is growing so i dont think wearing it down has set me back any. when it gets really cold then i will moisturize with shea butter and bun so my ends wont get brittle and break.

i wear my hiar down a lot. its down now and i love it.

no if your going to detangle, comb through the whole head. combing the ponytail alone might cause breakage

I wear mine down just about everyday. Sometimes i put it up in a banana clip, never a rubberband, but thats when i'm stretching or just being lazy.

I'm wearing protective styles now because I have a goal I want by Jan.
Prior to this, I always wore my hair out.

I'm trying to get to midback by my bday in april so no i rarely wear my hair loose. however, if I'm going out I do wear it loose.

Back