If your bun needs help...try Scunci Magicbun

Leslie_C

I picked this up @ walmart bc it was only $2 and I figured I didnt have much to lose. I was suprised to find I actually like it. Now, I am majorly ANTI BUN because I hate the way it looks on my big head and bc my bun is anorexic, but my bun looks full but not superduper humungous(is that a word and did I spell it right?) full like with the foam donut. I think I might have bought this or something like it a long time ago but my hair was too short for it, now its long enough to use...yay!

My digital camera's batteries ran down, but I will take pics when I charge it. Maybe Ill start wearing a bun after all!

aww, thanx ladies! Lthomas1, Ive been admiring yours for a while now!
wink.gif

i tried to find the scunci magicbun at the wal-mart i live by but i couldn't find it is there anywhere else that i can buy it from.

I actually fished mine out of the bathroom cabinet because I threw it in there a few years ago. I wore it to work today, and when I took my hair down, my ends were soooooo dry and now I have a really odd crease to try to get rid of. Because my hair is in a "V" shape, its really hard to get all the ends tucked in without the whole thing coming out again. I'm more frustrated than satisfied.
frown.gif

It took me a few tries to get it right. I just gather my hair up like Im going to put it in a ponytail(either high or low depending on mood) and then I slide it through just like on the picture.

My hair is in a v shape too so I have to hold it still and then let the middle part go a little further, then roll it down and snap it. Then if it looks fuller at the top I kind of rearrange the hair to look more even.

I love this thing now, its helped me on many bad hair days, and I used to hate my hair in a bun but now I like it!

Today my hair was a mess and I didnt have time to wash it last night(just feeling really dry and looking frizzy) so I wet it a little, put some oil on it, and bunned it up...since my side bangs were out but looking the same, I put them in two, two strand twists, and then a little flower pin on one side. It was a last minute running out the door style and I actually got complimented on it at work!

now all I need is a few cute hair accessories and Im all about protective stylin!

ugggh....everyone laughed at me..trying to get that thing in my hair right.

I tried and had a friend try. I tried to follow the instructions to a t but by the time i start rolling it starts falling out of the thingy. If i get it to not fall out of the thingy when i do the snap part it is terribly out balanced and falling apart, i thought maybe i need a fresh perm to try this thing even thought my hair is pretty straight already.

oooh. I just had a break thru...so you are not supposed to put the thing all the way down to the ends of your hair then try to start rolling.
Thinking of this thread got me to try again and it worked! I am no longer bun challenged.

bun.JPG

I bought one of those a while ago in anticipation of having longer hair. Maybe after i take out my braids I will have enough hair to use it.

Good post
smile.gif

When I take my braids down and start wearing my own hair in protective styles, I'll defintely try this. Thanks for sharing!

Oooh! Looks great!
up.gif
I have to remember this tip. I have a few more inches to go before I can use this thing with good results. For now, it's going to get a little dusty...

Poohbear, Ive mentioned this to u already before, u were just too busy being difficult to listen. Now GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!!! Once again, Im through with u!!!!!
wink.gif
lol
ps Im bored this evening so I might post some more bun pics for different looks....lol

do u think it would work without the teeth? I am not keene on teethy things being in my hair. I might have to buy another get rid of the teeth and try it.

you know, believe it or not(and Im always pulling out hair in my hairbands,clips,bobbypins,etc), if u are gentle, it doesnt pull your hair out at all. thats a good idea but Im not sure your hair would stay still in it for u to turn it with no teeth.

diamonddollfla,

I feel the same about things with teeth. I'm gonna try to wrap mine (once I purchase one) in maybe clear tape, or black duct tape.HTH

Leslie_C,

Thanks for sharing!!! I'll have to remember to look for this when go to Wal-Mart.

DSD, girl what are u talking about, u have plenty enough hair for this thing! If I can do it I know u can bc your hair is thicker than mine and more even!

Back