If you have transitioned and documented it on Fotki, please post!

*ElleB

I'm going to try to go NATURAL forreal this time! And I need some inspiration!
Even if you are just natural, and have a great album, please share!

Thanks in advance, ladies!

My camera is broken now. I've only documented 2 months so far, might not be what you're looking for but I'll throw it in. www.fotki.com/LuyshuZ

Can you please tell me how you were styling your hair during your transition? I am struggling right now with styling and I'm a little discouraged.:ohwell: I really am trying to leave heat alone. My wet roller sets look a hot mess.:rolleyes:

I'm going to try to go NATURAL forreal this time! And I need some inspiration!
Even if you are just natural, and have a great album, please share!

Thanks in advance, ladies!
Hi ElleB,
Much success on your transition!
I transitioned for a year and I documented in my fotki, I wouldn't say it is a great album, but it does show my progress throughout the months and different styles.

I transitioned for 17.5 months. I didn't get into fotki until a while into it, but I have pics of my hair relaxed, transitioning and in protective styles up to my big chop last month.

Link in my siggy.

Can you please tell me how you were styling your hair during your transition? I am struggling right now with styling and I'm a little discouraged.:ohwell: I really am trying to leave heat alone. My wet roller sets look a hot mess.:rolleyes:

I was never very good at rollersetting unless you count curlformers. I did manage flexirods once, but sleeping on them was horrible. :nono:

If braid outs and twist outs aren't your things you could try the Southerntease bun (she has a tut on Youtube) a french twist or extention braids/weaves to get through the rough patches. :yep:

www.fotki.com/creolesugar is mine, but I'm going to start using my shutterfly more often

BTW I have photos, but they're not visible unless we're friends b/c some perv has been going around women's fotkis requesting nude pics. He came by my page a few times after I filed a complaint, so now I am keeping my settings a bit more private!

My transition was only 6.5 months and I have some of those pics in my fotki. However, I am only one month in so what you really see is the end of my transition, my BC, second BC *sigh*, and Month #1.

Link in siggy.

Try flexirods...I finally bought some last week and I don't think I will use my magnetic rollers ever again...they are just so easy to use and give you great spiral curls. I will take pictures next time I use them. Braidouts/twistouts are also good if you do cornrows or flat twists.

OP -- my fotki has pictures from the last month or 2 of my 12 month transition, then my progress from BC to now. I also have pictures of my sister's natural hair, just in case you need a reference point for a different texture.

OMG... thanx for this thread. I just decided to transition to natural hair so I would love to see transition fotkis too.

I don't know if its great but you can see my transistion. I transitioned for 13 months and then BC'd.

Hey there. :hiya2: Good luck with your decision to go natural. I'm loving it so far. My fotki is in my siggy. I transitioned for 16 months and b/c'ed a week and a half ago.

My transition was for 16mos but I didn't find LHCF until Feb 09. My fotki starts there. I wish I had done it the proper way, but with all these lovely ladies supporting and encouraging you, you will be just fine.

Congrats on your decision. BC when you are ready, and you'll know when that is.

For the first couple months I kept my hair straightened months 1-7. After that point I was completely obsessed with co-washing and looking at my small forming curls daily.I wet bun now 99% of the time now. I wet my hair by co washing or a spray bottle daily. I have a lot of time on my hands and I try different conditioners just to see how my hair drys and what products work well with my hair.

Last edited:
Back