If you have hair like me, can you come in here so we can form a group?

Lovelylocs

My hair is:

Diameter: fine
Density: thick
Curl: penspring
Texture: smooth
Scalp: normal to oily
Porosity: not quite sure

What should we call our hair type?

Last edited:
are you natural? would you be 4a - not calling this a 4a natural group though - just trying to see where you are going w/ this.

I'm relaxed, but I would categorize my natural hair as a 4a if I had to use Andre's system. However, I don't like his system so I would like a more accurate way to describe my hair type. It would be nice if we could all use a more accurate system.

I think I'm with you - I'm not certain about my density, though.

Diameter: fine
Density: medium/thick
Curl: penspring on most of head, pencil along hairline from my ears back
Texture: smooth
Scalp: dry to normal
Porosity: Normal

:lol:

I think that's always been the issue with ANY hair classification system - the basic ones that everyone can remember (4a) are FAR too simplistic - and the accurate ones that actually cover the details are too complex. :perplexed

My hair is:

Diameter: fine YES
Density: thick YES
Curl: penspring YES
Texture: smooth YES
Scalp: normal to oily (BEFORE LHCF DRY) NORMAL
Porosity: not quite sure (?)

What should we call our hair type?

Nobody ever believes my hair is fine because it looks thick, but it's dense. My actual strans are fine & delicate. I am lightly relaxed with children's perm. I don't really consider this texlaxed. I have a curl definition if I wash & go, but I can also blow dry it bone straight.

My kitchen (nape) is smooth but not silky. I want to say I'm in between 4c/3c but I really don't know. To be honest I have given up on trying to figure it out but I've finally put together a good regimen that keeps my hair healthy.

Back