If you had damage at an early age - MBLers and anyone else who wishes 2 share

crazydaze911

Just looking for more motivation (cant get enough of that - lol). This is kind of a spinoff on an old thread i wrote about damaging ur hair follicles at an early age.

Just wanted to know who on here had a relaxer or other damage early on, but was still able to keep their follicles going and achieve MBL or longer.

Would appreciate stories from SL and APL ladies also. If u had damage from a relaxer or anything else ur mom did to your hair b/f age 7 and was able to recover and reach your goals - pls chime in.

TIA.

When I was about 17 (I'm 23 now) my sides and nape were bald. Bald as a baby's behind. It litterally took years to fully recover.

It fell out from damage from MOTIONS LYE relaxer, then my scalp broke out very badly with eczema in those spots.

My scalp was weeping pus for weeks! After it healed up a bit, the hair still did not want to grow.

I had peach fuzz in the area for a year :nono:

but over time with proper hair and scalp hair, witch hazel and tea tree oil... my hair recovered!

It's been a year since my hair returned to being completely normal, and it is just taking off now!

My nape is the fastest growing, silkiest, most manageable part of my head now. :yep:

but yes, it took a full FOUR to FIVE years for my very damaged scalp to recover!

I'm currently shoulder length I think... not full shoulder, but VERY close!

Somebody got the bright idea to relax my hair at age 7.

That combined with not knowing how to care for hair at ALL left me short and broken for a long time, until I eventually did the BC when I was about 11 or 12, relaxed at 13, and found LHCF around 14 ..

When I was about 17 (I'm 23 now) my sides and nape were bald. Bald as a baby's behind. It litterally took years to fully recover.

It fell out from damage from MOTIONS LYE relaxer, then my scalp broke out very badly with eczema in those spots.

My scalp was weeping pus for weeks! After it healed up a bit, the hair still did not want to grow.

I had peach fuzz in the area for a year :nono:

but over time with proper hair and scalp hair, witch hazel and tea tree oil... my hair recovered!

It's been a year since my hair returned to being completely normal, and it is just taking off now!

My nape is the fastest growing, silkiest, most manageable part of my head now. :yep:

but yes, it took a full FOUR to FIVE years for my very damaged scalp to recover!

I'm currently shoulder length I think... not full shoulder, but VERY close!

wow - that is very inspirational. you managed to stick it out and remain diligent and hopeful for all those years. Thanks for the story!

Somebody got the bright idea to relax my hair at age 7.

That combined with not knowing how to care for hair at ALL left me short and broken for a long time, until I eventually did the BC when I was about 11 or 12, relaxed at 13, and found LHCF around 14 ..

what made you relax again after Bcing? u werent worried about getting similar damaging results?

Back