If you found lhcf 2 years earlier....

SleepyJean

What would you have done???

I read in the "Are you jealous?" that many of you which you had found lhcf earlier. I know I do! So I just wanted to know IF YOU DID find lhcf earlier what would you have done differently.

I know I wouldn't have let beauticians put relaxer all the way through my hair, and probably would have been protective styling more.

Last edited:
I'd be BSL by now, stopped using as much heat(blow drying and flat ironing), properly sealing in moisture and probably strong "maybe" known how to take care of my color hair. I'm just happy I found LHCF today because after the hair disaster that brought me here I would have probably be ear length after the stylist finish "trimming" my hair.

Did more protective stylings,
Co washing
Deep conditioning
never let my mom put a relaxer in my hair ( the way she did it was just not right :nono: )

Well, you never know what COULD have been but I'd like to believe I'd be MBL by now.

Everytime I think about this :wallbash:

I'd be BSL by now, stopped using as much heat(blow drying and flat ironing), properly sealing in moisture and probably strong "maybe" known how to take care of my color hair. I'm just happy I found LHCF today because after the hair disaster that brought me here I would have probably be ear length after the stylist finish "trimming" my hair.

Good for you. Luckily, I've never had to worry about a SHH(scissor happy hefer).

i would not have paid as many tolls and wasted my gas driving all over just to find a salon to do a wash and set.

i would have had my Pibbs by now

i would have found my staples a lot earlier

i wouldn't have cursed that chick for chopping my ish like she did in 2006.

i would have had a less active social life from spending so much time on here.

I would have been moisturizing my braids,which would mean that i wouldn't have had to get a cut because of dry braids damaging my hair:ohwell:

I would probably be natural too.

2 yrs ago my hair was APL. Then I decided to get braids. It all went down hill from there. The process used to take out my braids damaged it severly. I opted to get weaves to regrow but this was a huge mistake. I went down to barely ear length after all the damage was done. If I had known about LHCF before my braids, I would be between BSL and MBL by now. Too BAd so SAD :(

i would not have paid as many tolls and wasted my gas driving all over just to find a salon to do a wash and set.

i would have had my Pibbs by now

i would have found my staples a lot earlier

i wouldn't have cursed that chick for chopping my ish like she did in 2006.

i would have had a less active social life from spending so much time on here.

:lol: ITA with the bolded! I did have one incident when a beautician cut my nape down to an inch in 04.

Last edited:
I think about this a lot, what if?.....

I would have stopped relaxing every four weeks with a super relaxer (I didn't even have any newgrowth that soon, I just relaxed cause my edges were frizzy :perplexed: )

I would have stopped wearing (and ripping out) glue in weaves

I would have stopped using a flat iron and curling iron on the highest setting every day

I would have stopped drenching my hair in the Pink Devil

There are plenty more, but I'll just stop there

If I would have found LHCF 2 yrs ago, I'd definitely be MBL or beyond by now :ohwell:

I would be MBL by now! I think about this all the time. I sure do wish I would have stumbled upon this website 5 years ago.:wallbash:

I would not have gone through a hellish transition from relaxed to natural. I had the driest, matted, most shrunken hair possible. I would have learned that moisture was the key to taming my hair -- not the blow dryer and pressing comb or trying to moisture dry hair as opposed to getting the moisturizer into wet hair and then sealing... I lost alot of hair and gained nothing in those two solid years of transitioning before finding LHCF. Since I found LHCF, not a blow dryer or pressing comb has touched my hair since 2005 and my hair lies down just fine with proper moisture retention and a satin scarf. I do flat-iron a few times a year, though, for special occasions.

-I would've past my goal already.
-I would have never put the iron in my hair every single day.
-I would have put a moisturizer in my hair.
-I would have changed my weave more often.
-I wouldn't have use that fine-tooth comb.
-Plus, I would've gotten treatment for my Trichotillomania disorder much sooner...instead of letting them bald spots scare me into finally getting help.:wallbash:

Darn it, Darn it, Darn it!!!

Wow! 2 years ago? I would have probably would have:

1) stopped getting perms every 6 weeks on the dot
2) stopped using Pink Lotion
3) started experimenting with Ayurvedics
4) stopped letting hairdressers give me a "trim" when all I needed was dusting
5) had more protective styling options
6) stopped only washing hair once a week
7) been at LEAST APL by now

Well If I Would Of Found It Before 2 Years Before My Join Date In 05' I Would've Been Natchal :grin: If It Was 2 Years As Of Today I'd Be Wsl Because Dh Does Not Like Them Scissors To My Head So I Would Not Be Able To Go Natchal And Bc At All:nono:

Well, I have been on a long hair mission long before 2 years ago. I think I would probably had a lot more post and LCHF friends though if I had found the site sooner. I just came across the site in August and I'm glad I finally did find it.

Back