if you dont

JaneBond

if you dont wrap your hair everynight will anything happen to it, because im wearing my hair in a bun and i was wondering if its ok if i sleep like that?

I haven't been wrapping my hair at night because wrapping was breaking off my sides. I sleep in one or two rollers in the back of my head and scarf it. I don't see anything wrong with sleeping in a bun, as long as it is not rubbing against the pillow at night and causing friction.

thank you because the same thing was happening to me my sides seem to come out and a lot of hair when i wrapit, i asked this because someone told me that your hair wouldnt grow if you didnt wrap it and it would become damged

Really? The only benefit that I got from wrapping was that it kept my hair straight when I wore straight styles, but I've never heard it benefitting hair growth.

I wear the bun most of the time, so to wrap at night, then comb it down and try to brush it back into a bun in the morning is a little too much for my hair. I'd rather sleep with it pulled back in the same direction that I'm going to style it in the morning.

JaneB, I think you will see your sides improving if you sleep with it pulled back and in a scarf.

when i wear my hair in the bun, i always sleep with it like that. i just take the phony pony off and wrap my edges with the Maverick thing.

I worry about breakage so I never sleep in a bun. I fear that if I'm twisting my head around too much, it could cause breakage...and I do wear my buns loosely but I still have that fear. So, I always take down my bun and pin my hair on top of my head with clips. Plus, this helps my hair to dry out some

When I used to sleep in my bun, I did experience a little breakage. So, of course I stopped. Jane, you don't necessarily have to wrap your hair each night. You could just pull it up on top of your head or to the side of your head and tie your scarf on.

I can't sleep in a bun because it feels like I am twisting or pulling out my hair. I usually braid my hair in a loose braid and then tuck it under my sleep scalp. I stop wrapping my hair a long time ago because of breakage. Now that I wear my hair only in proctective styles I no longer need to wrap it.
grin.gif

I too wear my hair in a loose braid. I tuck it under and wear a satin scarf over it. I may try wearing it on top of my head with a scarf over it.

I take out my buns and just loosely pin my hair to my head. I don't like to have any stress on it at all when i'm sleeping.

Back